Author Topic: Fender discontinuing most ash bodies  (Read 1657 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Fender discontinuing most ash bodies
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »
Fender Will No Longer Build Production Model Guitars With Ash

It's probably a good move, better than jacking up prices due to short supplies. Some people will be very unhappy. Doesn't bother me, I prefer alder over ash.

doombass

• View Profile
Re: Fender discontinuing most ash bodies
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 11:37:34 PM »
I'd wager that in just a few years time, ash will be considered the most beautiful and best sounding tonewood for a Fender. I'll keep an eye and an ear open to see and hear my Hotrodded Series Precision transform into something fantastic.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:48:32 AM by doombass »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 07:23:25 AM »

It's probably a good move, better than jacking up prices due to short supplies. Some people will be very unhappy. Doesn't bother me, I prefer alder over ash.

The market's past behaviors indicate that people always want what they can't get. Ash may be assigned mystical qualities in the future.  :P
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 12:31:59 PM »
Ash bodies remind me of the toilet seats that were in a fairly downmarket hotel I stayed in on a school trip to Switzerland.

I see a Fender with an ash body and I smell a peach air freshener that isn't quite covering up all the other smells.  :rolleyes:

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 09:12:35 PM »
I'd wager that in just a few years time, ash will be considered the most beautiful and best sounding tonewood for a Fender. I'll keep an eye and an ear open to see and hear my Hotrodded Series Precision transform into something fantastic.  :mrgreen:

Wait until it gets reliced by emerald ash borers, then it will be worth a fortune.  :mrgreen:

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 09:14:08 PM »

Agreed.

Maybe I'll snatch up a couple of ash bodies while I'm out hoarding toilet paper?  ;D

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 03:03:15 PM »
Agreed.

Maybe I'll snatch up a couple of ash bodies while I'm out hoarding toilet paper?  ;D

:rimshot: