Author Topic: T-bird 1971!  (Read 5589 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: T-bird 1971!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
My favorite T-birds have always been the 61-63 models....the rocket ship styling and interior blow me away.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »
My favourite T-bird is the 1957. Vulgar lines. Bad driving qualities. But with lightning in the ashtray which makes you forgive everything else.   ;)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 01:46:05 AM »
Didn't like it when it was introduced because it was a 4 seater but I've come to appreciate the '58 thru '60 over the years.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 08:18:08 AM »
I like this Thunderbird from 1975...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 08:26:04 AM »
I had a 1974 tbird (the lincoln mark 4 lookalike)  purchased in 1979 and it was the biggest peice of garbage ever made.  Everything was falling apart.  Used to get 5 miles to the gallon  and pint of oil evry two tank fulls of gas.  I have never owned a ford since.  Although it now appears they are the best of the "big" three.
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »
Was the ZZ Top song about a car or about a brand of wine? I don't remember. (Don't have sound on my work computer).

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 10:47:08 AM »
Was the ZZ Top song about a car or about a brand of wine? I don't remember. (Don't have sound on my work computer).

"......Juice, juice, juice juice makes you feel so loose"  Wine Baby!  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-end_fortified_wine

Loved that song!  Brought back some good memories!  ;D

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
The finest complement I ever heard about a musician (from Pete Townshend, on Billy Gibbons, iirc, and the quote is approximate) was...

"He's the kind of guitarist that will play one note where a lesser player will put half-a-dozen..."
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
The finest complement I ever heard about a musician (from Pete Townshend, on Billy Gibbons, iirc, and the quote is approximate) was...

"He's the kind of guitarist that will play one note where a lesser player will put half-a-dozen..."

THOSE are words to live by!!!  And I echo the sentiment.  Solid bottom end without needless frills.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:38 PM »
+1!

But... those words are often misused by bass players who simply can't play anything more complicated.
I think it should be a choice to keep it simple where needed.
And it should not be the only option because a player doesn't have any headroom in his playing.

Hornisse

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:21 PM »
We played Thunderbird when I was in high school way back in '78.  I've got a tape of it somewhere.....

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
THOSE are words to live by!!!  And I echo the sentiment.  Solid bottom end without needless frills.

Mind you, Townsend didn't need to play many notes with the Ox as his bottom end. I think JAE might have had a different view somehow  ;) ;D
Digresion our specialty!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
+1!

But... those words are often misused by bass players who simply can't play anything more complicated.
I think it should be a choice to keep it simple where needed.
And it should not be the only option because a player doesn't have any headroom in his playing.

Yes, true.  And I occasionally find myself on the downside of that balance.  But I strive to come up with better ideas and to choose the simple option.