Author Topic: Entwistle legacy  (Read 827 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Entwistle legacy
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
As we all know (this intro is for Rob) Warwick is the only official maker of Entwistle-signatures. They make the Buzzard and the Stryker, which is a bit like an Alembic Spyder/Explorerbird with Buzzard electronics and headstock.

On the website of Lakland are pics of a Fenderbird-kinda bass on which they were working for Mr. Entwistle himself, just before he died. That's what Lakland states.

On another site I saw some Alembic Dragonwings for sale. The Dragonwing is a kind of Alembic version of the Buzzard. Maybe as an  'answer' to Warwick's Buzzard? On that site the Dragonwing is a bass Entwistle ordered just before he died. (BTW: Alembic still makes Spyders)

Well, JAE was using Status Buzzards before he died, he was still good friends with the very nice H.P Wilfer, so the Lakland statement of making a Fenderbird kinda bass for Entwistle.... I don't get it. Entwistle was never looking back and always busy with new things, new electronics, new materials, ...
The statement of the Dragonwing being a new Entwistle bass is strange too.. He wasn't using Alembics for years.

So are these manufacturers just trying to sell more basses by telling Entwistle asked them to make a certain bass? Will Gibson reissue the RD by stating 'Entwistle wanted it as his signature after all and he told Gibson just before he died?'

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

Oh, BTW: Just before he died, Entwistle told me I was the new Entwistle. The best player of the new century. And that's true! That was just before his spirit entered my cat Curtis.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Entwistle legacy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »

Oh, BTW: Just before he died, Entwistle told me I was the new Entwistle. The best player of the new century. And that's true! That was just before his spirit entered my cat Curtis.

Oh, WAITER!  That will be valium for one, please..... :P
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Entwistle legacy
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 03:01:26 PM »
I wouldn't be too surprised if the manufacturers statements were true. The Ox was never really that much of a loyalist to any one brand. I mean, at least three different companies made Buzzards. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if they were all full of sh*t either!  ???