Author Topic: 2010 Movies  (Read 17964 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: 2010 Movies
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2010, 12:48:53 AM »
BURLESQUE ROCKS! It's MEGA Eye Candy!!!  :o

Gonna see Tangled this weekend for $7--first show of the day is 4 bucks cheaper than night price-$11!
$11.50 Fri. & Sat. nights!!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2010, 02:50:05 AM »
Well I saw Harry Potter this week. It is the book series of my generation after all. In the end it kind of left me with no distinct feeling towards it. Didn't feel disappointed but not extremely impressed. I guess it is because it is only half of the book but it did set up for the second half pretty nicely. I must say that it did have some pretty good effects though.

I may go see Tangled in the next couple weeks. I have heard that it is a really good animated film.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »
I just saw RED good movie. I thought Expendables was amusing also.
Tony

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »
YEAH! Go see TANGLED Big D & everybody! It ROCKS!!!
Disney's 50th Animated Feature Film & Best Ever!

Lots of good ones comin' in Dec.--TRON, Narnia, Gulliver--these are the Big Screen must see epics!!!
The Tourist is gonna ROCK too--Jolie & Depp!!

Been looking forward to Ryan Gosling appearing in another movie ever since 2007's Fracture where he faced off against Anthony Hopkins in a battle of wits!!
What took so long? He's in Blue Valentine which opens Dec. 31st so if it opens midnight the 30th that will be the last flick of the year for me.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »
I just saw RED good movie. I thought Expendables was amusing also.

I agree on both.  Good B movies - of the category I call "Blow-em'ups".  RED is the better of the two, but knowing that The Expendables was done for fun made it more enjoyable.  There were a lot of those dark, visually disjointed fight scenes where you really can't tell what's going on.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2010, 04:58:21 AM »
YEAH! Go see TANGLED Big D & everybody! It ROCKS!!!
Disney's 50th Animated Feature Film & Best Ever!

Lots of good ones comin' in Dec.--TRON, Narnia, Gulliver--these are the Big Screen must see epics!!!
The Tourist is gonna ROCK too--Jolie & Depp!!

Been looking forward to Ryan Gosling appearing in another movie ever since 2007's Fracture where he faced off against Anthony Hopkins in a battle of wits!!
What took so long? He's in Blue Valentine which opens Dec. 31st so if it opens midnight the 30th that will be the last flick of the year for me.

Tangled was great, Maximus stole the show. An instant classic.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »
Maximus is great but it's the Pinocchio & Snow White style Olde World charm that makes it so magical.
They took it to a whole nother level with the artwork combined with cgi magnificence!!
The artists really went BEYOND on it!!!!
The human characters are much more lifelike, more real personalities than ever before too!!!!
They should have titled it Rapunzel tho.  Classic indeed!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2010, 01:05:54 AM »
I saw the first showing at my local theater today at 11 AM. I was the only one in the theater to see it in 3D. It wasn't until 5 minutes left that some others came in to wait for the next showing since there is only one screening room that has it in 3D. Very enjoyable film and I couldn't help but marvel at the effects they used whether it be the hair simulation or the lighting.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »
We bought and watched Inception last night.  Bizarre movie, and we couldn't take our eyes off the screen.  So much going on, and so many levels.   I'll definitely have to watch it again.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »
I'm hoping for that to turn up under the tree... you just should have seen it on the BIG SCREEN, Gary... so much more to not take your eyes off... sheer cinematic beauty... :o

Getting rather eager to see TRON, mind you...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »
We bought and watched Inception last night.  Bizarre movie, and we couldn't take our eyes off the screen.  So much going on, and so many levels.   I'll definitely have to watch it again.

I had a read of the basic plot. Sounds a lot like something i would enjoy.
Digresion our specialty!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2010, 05:36:06 AM »
Count me in on Tron Legacy.  I've got the original on DVD.  A movie so far ahead of its time.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2010, 05:58:25 AM »
We bought and watched Inception last night.  Bizarre movie, and we couldn't take our eyes off the screen.  So much going on, and so many levels.   I'll definitely have to watch it again.

I saw it too just two days ago. I was entertained, but I felt it was overdone and for a 2 hour 20 minutes movie it recounted its story in almost feverish haste without really adding much substance. And the end was kind of obvious. I guess it wanted to be a new Matrix 1, not sure it achieved that though I'm sure we'll see those zero gravity effects to death in the next generation of films.  Film was a mix of Matrix 1, What Dreams May Come (that 1998 Robin Williams flic where he searches for his suicidal wife in heaven and hell), The Sixth Sense, Emmerich's The 13th Floor etc. And while it tried its darn hardest, not once did it manage to depict the paranoia of the inner self so brilliantly as in Shutter Island. Nolan is no Scorcese.

That said, I felt entertained and the visuals are great. And Leonardo de Caprio is to the disturbed mind what Tom Hanks is to everyman, the perfect foil (with the danger of becoming type-cast in that role).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:10:52 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2010, 06:11:31 AM »
That said, I felt entertained and the visuals are great. And Leonardo de Caprio is to the disturbed mind what Tom Hanks is to everyman, the perfect foil (with the danger of becoming type-cast in that role).

Agreed.  He's turned into a really good actor, but his roles have been pretty narrow since Titanic.  At least Catch Me If You Can had a little bit of fun in it.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
I agree about Tom Hanks being the everyman.  He has considerable range.  The classic actor I most often compare him to is Jimmy Stewart....another everyman who could play anything from Harvey to Westerns.

I think the greatest "chameleon" acting today is Anthony Hopkins.  The guy can do ANYTHING.  When one actor can go from Hannibal Lector to Don Diego de la Vega and sell both roles, he has incredible range. 

This weekend we're gonna catch the Harry Potter movie...but tonight, I have a gig at 9!  Fun!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."