Author Topic: Hendrix's Experimental Turn  (Read 778 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Hendrix's Experimental Turn
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jimi-hendrixs-experimental-turn-on-people-hell-and-angels-art-premiere-20121120

I have a feeling I'm probably not going to like this very much.  Hendrix doing Earth, Wind, and Fire doesn't really much appeal to me.  Needless to say, I'll know for sure in March when this "new" album is released. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Hendrix's Experimental Turn
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »
Is this the "electric church" music I once read about?  I thought I remembered him doing some dates with a horn section and previewing this new sound.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
Is this the "electric church" music I once read about?  I thought I remembered him doing some dates with a horn section and previewing this new sound.

I don't know.  I've read a lot of speculative comments about this album and suspect most of them are inaccurate.  So, I'm not going to add more speculation myself.  It's pretty clear, though, that at this point no one knows for sure what will be on the album.  I think probably even more important is that some concerts people have been waiting for for a long time are going to be released on DVD soon. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:54:16 PM »
They've come out with a little more info on this "album."  At the risk of sounding like the grinch who stole Christmas, this sounds like the ultimate scraping of the bottom of the barrel to me.  I won't be buying it or even bother listening to any of it.  My time and money could best be spent elsewhere. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:09:54 AM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal