Author Topic: 1982 G-3  (Read 2904 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: 1982 G-3
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
Good response, mein Fuhrer... dank...

Dada... Like a number of movies/books transfers Androids to (Nourse/Burroughs titled) Bladerunner are so different - everything about PKD was his view of "being human", the attitude of what makes us "human..." I am much more satisfied with the final cut but still love the original version...

We all see the result of what many of us would constitute "being inhuman" and that I'll not be drawn on... I'll put a spin on the viewpoint over here... I am fully of the belief that there is no such thing as an "English race..." only a "state of mind..." They do not even truly understand their illegitimate heritage, but constantly complain about imigrants, forgetting what they are...

Hmm... lets see... obsessions... I originally had a boot video shortly after the release, then acquired an official "rental only" copy, then the directors cut video, and then the DVD and now the ultimate 5 disc set (no blueray here [yet ;)], nor could I afford the briefcase set) - I have the PC game - I have a script which mentions the dialogue for Deckard discussing on a voiceover, "seen em laugh, seen em howl... never seen one cry..." - my original quad poster is carefully preserved with my original quad Terminator (the more unusual Arnie art one, not the usual one) poster - I have several books and original (foyer) film stills but am not a completist... obviously have the Jeter follow-up novels...

Having seen the film well in excess of one hundred times, at a very conservative estimate, means I can quote from most of the film with ease...

There is a lady with a most impressively themed tattoo on the subject...

I have the plans to make your own unicorn origarmi round here somewhere...

From a sci-fi perspective, is there anyone that has had more of their novels (genre) transfered to the silver screen than PKD...?

"Pity she won't live... then again, who does..."

ps big fan of Ridley Scott, too...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: 1982 G-3
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »
Over knee boots never looked better on any man. Fräulein Rommel excepted of course.

Thank you  Herr Moderator!

No Boots, no Glam!  ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...