Author Topic: Finally got a replacement TH-1 Bachbird for the one with a cracked headstock!!!  (Read 1628 times)

Johnbob

• View Profile
I finally got my replacement TH-1 today and it's AWESOME!!! At least it looks awesome, I haven't plugged it in yet but I will tonight at band practice. I can't wait. For those of you that did or did not see any of my previous threads about this, I am the one that ordered a TH-1 Bachbird and it showed up with a cracked headstock. Well it took a little while but I finally got the replacement and I want to give a big thanks to Rob for helping me get a replacement. It was frustrating having to wait for a new one and worrying about the insurance, etc. but it was also a pain in ass for Rob so I'm thankful that he made sure I was happy in the end.

So, regarding the cracked bass. More details on that soon.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Pictures !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Congrats! I knew you'd be happy in the end.  ;)

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
That's great news.  Got mine last friday and the guys are on the money.  Plays very nicely.  Serious neck diver......I did just order a pickup from Lull (2-3 week backorder FYI) as i think this bird is worthy of that investment.  Once i get the pickup i will have to deal with the pickguard issue....  Case is not easy to get and i assume with the broken neck issue there was no case.  I just got a case off ebay that says it will fit the 51 inches this baby needs. will see when it shows up. If it fits then it will be a good deal off feebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380243558877&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Rob is the real deal...  Hopefully he will have some more goodies form Bach for us soon....

Is yours the red color like mine??  looks even better in person that all the pictures show.   White is my favorite but....next one ;-))))
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Johnbob

• View Profile
How do you post pictures on here? I have never done it. I got the transparent red TH-1 and yes it does look great in person although I am thinking of refinishing it. I would love to also get Lull's but I can't imagine that I will be able to afford that anytime soon. I have picked up some other things though. I got another artec pickup so I can convert it to a two pickup model. I got two NOS 70's chrome covers, reverse nickel tuners and I got a pickguard blank that my friend is going have made for me. I still need a Gibson trussrod cover, pots and the finger rest and then at some point, some new pickups hopefully. Oh, and a case which as you all know is not going to be an easy find. 

So, I put the cracked TH-1 on Ebay last night. Rob and I agreed that since the shippers did not offer a full reimbursement and because of the hassle and time lost on this whole thing we would put in on Ebay to see if we could make a little money on it but not sure if it will sell or not. The opening bid is $250. I know you can get a new one for a little more but if you factor in international shipping and customs tax, it's actually about half the price. I spent $215 in shipping and duties alone. Anyway, hopefully someone buys it and fixes it. I don't think it would difficult at all to repair it. 

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
It would be nice if you could post a better picture of the damage.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
How do you post pictures on here? I have never done it.

Link to your auction

You can upload small pics directly, when posting just click on Additional Options below the text box.

Most of us have a free or paid account with Photobucket or other site that allows hotlinking. If you do, just copy and paste the IMG URL for the photo, or click the Insert Image icon above the text box and paste the regular URL.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
... another option is to link directly to the ebay image, like so...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

saltymonkey

• View Profile
Case is not easy to get and i assume with the broken neck issue there was no case.  I just got a case off ebay that says it will fit the 51 inches this baby needs. will see when it shows up. If it fits then it will be a good deal off feebay....

I had no luck finding a case to fit my Bach but did finally find a great well padded bag with a neck block/pad last weekend . It's a Warwick rock bag made for a BC Rich Warlock bass. It's a perfect snug fit. Not loose and not tight. Got it here:

http://www.9mileguitar.com/product.sc?productId=736&categoryId=105

Johnbob

• View Profile
Yes, here is a link to the auction which is obviously pointless since you have already linked it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220627603024&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_542wt_911

I tried to get a better picture of the damage but it was really hard to photograph so that's the best I was able to do really. I'm sure it doesn't help that I am a horrible photographer but the crack is barely opened up. It's basically cracked just enough so that you can tell it's an actual crack and not just a finish crack but initially I thought it might just be in the finish.