Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

53 EB Day

<< < (3/4) > >>

Granny Gremlin:
Score!  Lovely fat ass coil.  That the same as the DC EB0's?

tore00:
Envy! Envy! Envy!
Love her

Chris P.:
Great story!!

Grog:

--- Quote from: Granny Gremlin on February 18, 2018, 12:48:43 PM ---Score!  Lovely fat ass coil.  That the same as the DC EB0's?

--- End quote ---

The single coil never made it to the first EB-0’s. The ‘58 & early ‘59 EB-2’s had the massive single coil pickup, then the coil was split in two to make the first mudbuckers. The pole pieces were moved from the outer edge to the center of the pickup but the cover was still bakelight.

66Atlas:
Thanks guys, it really is a incredible bass and I couldn't be happier with it!  :thumbsup:

I'd say the pickup is fuller sounding than the mudbucker in the ebo, surprisingly rich and clean.  It came through a store in the Pittsburgh area, it would be interesting to know what else they pulled out of that basement. I wouldn't be shocked learn that the original post was one of the things pitched since I doubt they would have realized it went with bass.  I've got some tuners on the way to serve as donors for their buttons and I may try making a post just for the fun of it-from the pictures they don't seem too complicated

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version