Author Topic: Life sure is funny  (Read 936 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Life sure is funny
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:52:32 AM »
Things are pretty nuts here in my little corner of the world. Not in a bad way just it seems like everything likes to hit the fan at once. First I got let go from my "new" job two weeks ago, lets just say we didn't see eye to eye. I have never been let go or fired in my life, a strange new experience for me. I am OK with it, it was very clear from the begining that things were not going to work out. My only worry is the stress it puts on my dear sweet wife. So at the moment I a scrambling to make a $ Pickguards, bass bodies/builds, guitar repair, furniture repair, ebay and of course my old stand by painting. I have been a painter paper hanger for well over 20 years, I have been trying to get away from it.........................with out much success lol I don't mind the work in fact I quite enjoy it. I do high end interior residential. I am neat and meticulous, you hire me you get me and there are those who will pay well for that kind of personal attention. So on top of all this my wife Cathy has finally taken the plunge and is opening her own yoga studio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has been wanting to do this for some time and the timing  is just right. She and her partner found the perfect space and signed the lease two weeks ago so at least my new status has allowed me to renovate their space quickly, they open their doors late next week! I am so proud of Cath and I know that she is going to be very successful, but man is she sweating the details right now ! So many little things to take care of. Anyhow thanks for the space to rant. I am thankful everyone is healthy.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Life sure is funny
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »
Scott, hang in there man. I truly wish the best for you and your family. I hope that you and you wife find success with your new endevours. I hope to be a customer for one of your bodies sometime soon, but things are a little tight here right now. Best of luck man!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »

Scott,

Best wishes to both you and your wife on the new ventures!

:toast:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:04:16 AM »
Good luck in all of your endeavors!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:16:08 AM »
I hope this all works out great!  Glad to hear that you have a skill that's in demand, too - it makes a great safety factor.  Best of luck!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:45:38 AM »
Ha, the Dasson Entrepreneurs! Best of luck. I'm not the market for yoga, but a Dassonbird would be another matter ...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:23:57 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
Scott, I'm glad things are looking up. My wife is 3 weeks into a new job and it looks like this one will be a keeper. I'm working on a project I can do to make a little money from home while I do the Mr. Mom thing, and in the meantime my boys are growing like weeds. Life takes interesting turns, that's for sure!

I think a Dasson Bird is in my future as well...  :mrgreen:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »

Dassonvogel.... ;)

I have to admit a JAE 'Bird with a single Lull pup could be out there for me too.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »
DASSONVOGEL...

Now that has a ring to it...!

:toast:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...