Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Whaaaat!?

(1/2) > >>

Dave W:
None of you KISS lovers has posted this yet?

Kiss Sells Catalog, Name, Likeness and More to Pophouse Entertainment for $300 Million

That's Bjorn Ulvaeus' Pophouse.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that KISS would sell out for cash.

uwe:
300 million bucks is not even that much considering the size of their catalog, but then they have never been that much of an airplay band, but a live gigs and merchandising money making machine (not putting them down because of that, KISS were always a commercial enterprise and that's ok). What was their last single hit, God Gave Rock'n'Roll To You? That was a while ago.

Meanwhile, in Støckhølm, that ABBA guitarist has already gotten his crispbread-soiled hands on KRUNCHY KISS KLASSIKS!!!

Basvarken:
I really don’t give a ****.
Kiss is way over the hill.
Their fans are middle aged men who already own all their records and most likely a bunch of their merchandise too.
Who is going to be interested in their back catalogue or hologram shows?

gearHed289:
Yeah, I didn't think it was that much money either. But from what I know, they sold half their publishing (I think it was publishing) to Japanese investors in the 90s. I think they're probably doing OK on cash.

uwe:
There is wealth that has been toiled for less than what Stanley and Chaim have in the bank. Long may their deserved stroke of massel continue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version