Author Topic: cool gig for the kids.  (Read 3424 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: cool gig for the kids.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »
Such a good song...

There's quite a number of theirs that are probably still well know over your side of the pond...

or even one of their covers that was (imho) such a great track but the LP was a flop - Can You Do It (from Good Singing/Good Playing)

They still had some good songs, but for me they kind of lost their edge with the keyboard player. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »
If you're talking Grand Funk, they had a lot of good songs.  This is my fave, and another gem that doesn't get a lot of notice.'

[Brewer] Tellevreebodyyouknow... yougotsumrocknrollllllllsoul... [/Brewer]

Sorry Gary, not familiar with that one... ;D

Re Craig Frost, Mike... I always considered them to be (almost) two entirely different bands, although Phoenix (with R'n'R Soul) was obviously a cross-over in the styles and where he (sort of) joined the band...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »
[Brewer] Tellevreebodyyouknow... yougotsumrocknrollllllllsoul... [/Brewer]

Sorry Gary, not familiar with that one... ;D

Re Craig Frost, Mike... I always considered them to be (almost) two entirely different bands, although Phoenix (with R'n'R Soul) was obviously a cross-over in the styles and where he (sort of) joined the band...

Yes, that's true about them being a different band with Craig Frost.  Despite his brilliance, I really do prefer the them much more as a 3-piece.  However, I do have somewhat of a fixation on power trios.  It's no accident that I still gravitate toward Cream and the Jimi Hendrix Experience.  Although being in a 4-piece band was absolutely wonderful (and I did also get to do vocals,) my most memorable moments were playing in a 3-piece band, fleeting though that was.  It was the closest I've ever come to euphoria during and after performances (always with no more than two beers in me; so this was definitely a natural high.)
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal