Main Forums > The Bass Zone

What's been missing here all these years ...

(1/7) > >>

uwe:
... is a tutorial by Joey, the one man who plays with even more distortion than some members here (not giving away names, I might catch some thunder!), assless chaps are gratuity of course ...

Wait for it, Joey and Michael playing with themselves and each other! Death to false (or slow) major scales!

I now feel better about playing slow again.  :mrgreen:

uwe:
You want an encore? VoilĂ , real man(owar)ly bass playing live, he's really coming to grips with the thing at 04:49:

Eat your heart out, James Jamerson, this is how it's done!

uwe:
And now for the completely other extreme. After Joey shredding on a four-string guitar, we have this guy with a 42" scale sub-low bass:

Theories abound among respected zoologists according to which some rare reptile species may actually hear what he does from 04:49 onwards.

It's bass, but not as we know it.

gearHed289:
One of my former bands had Battio come up and join us on stage a couple of times. Interesting character. He can play real fast.  :-X

uwe:
It's an ability for sure and not everyone can do it, but it sounds awfully mechanical. Music is sometimes about notes being hidden in places you don't expect, not incessant and overt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version