Main Forums > The Bass Zone

So Who Did Play Bass With the Doors?

(1/2) > >>

OldManC:

If you have any interest in the Doors this is a pretty good way to spend 20 minutes. I knew some of these names (as will you), but not all. It covers a bunch of other players who contributed to the band's recordings and later live performances. 

Pilgrim:
That's very informative! I knew Scheff played on the LA Woman album, but I had no idea how many different bass players there were.  I am fascinated to watch Manzarek's hands doing two different things in the clips of him playing the Fender unit on top of his keyboard.  It takes a special set of motor skills to do that.

uwe:
Interesting, quite a legacy. Never knew that the harmonica on Roadhouse Blues was not played by Jim Morrison, but by John Sebastian of all people!

Why did they never ask a bassist to join full time? Even Roxy Music did with John Gustafson (who declined).

4stringer77:
I caught that one too. Doug Lubahn played a 50s Gibson EB on Strange days,or at least that's what he said in an old Bass Player mag article. I wonder how he got the bar bridge to work for playing lefty. Maybe they made a couple left handed EB basses?

ilan:

--- Quote from: 4stringer77 on September 13, 2023, 07:18:42 AM ---I wonder how he got the bar bridge to work for playing lefty.

--- End quote ---

It looks like he played upside down, with the low E at the bottom, like MonoNeon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version