Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

Lowe Shop Notes

<< < (147/147)

BTL:

--- Quote from: Dave W on April 14, 2024, 02:29:40 PM ---What about other galaxies?

--- End quote ---

It’s hard to know with certainty, and I don’t like to engage in hyperbole. ;)

Dave W:
 :mrgreen:

BTL:
I've been busy on the supply chain side of the business, focusing on getting materials back in-stock. This weekend is the first concentrated bench-time I've had in a while.

It feels good getting back to things. I finally have enough 8-string bridges in-stock to build out this Jayluxe.

BTL:
From a business perspective, my conversion necks and 8-string bridges have been a success. By contrast, my complete builds with traditional finishes have been loss leaders. I enjoy the building process, but the return on investment has been disappointing.

With that in mind, I'm going to discontinue offering complete builds with traditional finishes to all but existing customers and return to where I started, graphic finishes. I plan to build these on spec for myself as stand-alone pieces and price them at a premium. If they sell, they sell. Otherwise, I'll keep them as art pieces.

These will be the first bodies in a new series of graphic finishes. I'm excited about the possibilities. :)

BTL:
How it started, how it's going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version