Author Topic: When grounding your teenage daughter isn't good enough anymore...  (Read 685 times)

Blazer

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_12097656

Boy, reading that makes me glad that I DON'T own a cell phone.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: When grounding your teenage daughter isn't good enough anymore...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:51 PM »
Saw that on local news tonight. Thoughtless girl, obvious lack of sense by the father too. Why smash the phone? What kind of example does that set for your kids? Take it away completely, get her a prepaid plan or monitor her usage. 

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
I like the smashing of the phone myself.  8)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
Since we all get attached to possessions, I think smashing the phone made a point.

Unfortunately the parents should have (1) spoken with the daughter about this when she got the phone and had a firm agreement on texting (we did with our daughters), and (2) they should have monitored the phone bills more closely.  My bet is this didn't ALL heppen inb one month - there undoubtedly was a ramp up.

And few in this area near Denver have commented on the fact that the girl's grades - and clearly, her attention to school - fell off as the texting increased.  To me that's the primary concern.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."