Author Topic: A really funny very early picture of Prince...  (Read 880 times)

Blazer

A really funny very early picture of Prince...
« on: April 04, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »

Dig the 'fro...

Others have said it before but of all the eighties superstars, Prince has aged the best.

I mean look at (what's left of) Michael Jackson.

Or Madonna...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: A really funny very early picture of Prince...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:21:44 PM »
My wife thinks that he sounds more like Lenny Kravitz in his new commercial.  She may have a point.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Rocker949

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
Madonna needs to accept the fact that she isn't a sex symbol.  Some people age more gracefully than others.  I applaud her efforts to fight aging, genetics, and gravity, but there is only so much that can be done.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
I never thought of Madonna as particularly attractive. But I can't blame her for trying. The entertainment business usually doesn't treat older women well.

Rocker949

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »
I found Madonna appealing in the "Lucky Star" video.  I had only been in New Orleans for a year and I still associate the imagery of the video with living in a carefree city like that for the first time.  But nothing else Madonna did appealed to me very much.  And it's true, she never really had the looks of a supermodel anyway. 

Blazer

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »
I found Madonna appealing in the "Lucky Star" video.  I had only been in New Orleans for a year and I still associate the imagery of the video with living in a carefree city like that for the first time.  But nothing else Madonna did appealed to me very much.  And it's true, she never really had the looks of a supermodel anyway. 

Maybe not, but to me personally she had that "Mall rat" way of being cute, that ordinary girl kind of way.

But then again I always considered women like Kim Gordon of Sonic youth to be beautiful, my girlfriend at the time didn't understand that at all.

How can I explain this, Kim Gordon has this look of Mystery, she looks as if she's royalty, a wicked Queen of some sorts and I love that about her.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:10 AM »
Madonna, who I respect as a brand (which won't offend her, I think she set out to be one right from the start) for the sheer hard work she put in it, never did anything for me as a woman. Not purdy and her sex appeal was again ... hard work. I like her looks now better than in the eighties, that lean face, but her body these days ain't womanly, but looks of straining, even anguished hard work.

Jackson is just tragic. He was a handsome young black man and has become this pale, androgynous something, a zombie Peter Pan.

Prince always reminds me of Charlie Chaplin, small body, large head. Looking at his seventies pic, his nose ain't original either, but the surgery was less overt.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with a nice black masculine nose?  ??? Don't these people know that it is a tell-tale sign of your manhood? "An der Nase eines Mannes erkennt man seinen Johannes."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:52:37 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...