Author Topic: Madlife again  (Read 1921 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Madlife again
« on: January 22, 2021, 05:26:30 AM »
I posted about my dear friend Madelief before. Last year I helped her with a crowdfunding for the live recordings of four songs. One on double bass and the other on her '79 StingRay, all recorded in a little theatre in Amsterdam. Her music is bass heavy, so I wanted to share it with you:)

amptech

• View Profile
Re: Madlife again
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 11:56:00 PM »
Nice👍

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 06:04:02 AM »
What a great voice.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:03:01 AM »
There is something going on between Chris and her, if you ask me. I'm nobody's fool. :popcorn:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 04:11:43 PM »
 :mrgreen: Yes I'm a bit in love, but she's twenty years younger and she shows no interest in an old overweight, balding bass player ;)

Having said that: we just spent three weeks in a cabin in the French woods together, so we are good friends. That's worth more to me and she's a real good person. One of the nicest persons I know. She borrowed some basses from me - I like it when thet get played, but I can't get it she doesn't like my Bicentennial - and I set up the crowd funding for these recordings. And it was succesful!!

I also got her a quite a good manager and I'm playing the same role myself, so we're a team of three. I just try to help her to get her career going. Forgot to ask a German lawyer for the crowdfunding though. Bad mistake ;) She wants an old Fender. Maybe you can help with that? ;) Together we bought a '79 StingRay in France last summer. Her dream bass. Together? I advised, she bought haha.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 11:44:10 PM »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 01:41:19 AM »

I also got her a quite a good manager and I'm playing the same role myself, so we're a team of three. I just try to help her to get her career going. Forgot to ask a German lawyer for the crowdfunding though. Bad mistake ;) 
Or maybe she is a German spy working for Uwe? Don't give her more basses! :mrgreen:

She wants an old Fender.
How old? Trying to get rid of my '74P.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 02:21:51 AM »
She recently bought the '79 Music Man, so I think she wants one in future and is not ready for it yet, money wise.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 10:05:39 AM »
Look at that, how cute, Chris has turned all platonic!  :-*

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 10:49:21 AM »
There is something going on between Chris and her, if you ask me. I'm nobody's fool. :popcorn:

When I saw SLADE H Hill was wearing the same boots and overs that he has on in this video.......

SLADE = Eternal

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »
Platonic is my middle name

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 01:59:23 PM »
Well, that coincides for a reason. It was after Slade in Flame (the album und film) and before Nobody's Fools (the album) that Slade decided that they had gone as far as they could in the UK and that they needed to crack America which hat eluded them up to then. And for America they decided to de-glam and leave their more outrageous outfits at home. They opened for dressed-down stadium acts like Humble Pie, heard how Uriah Heep had taken glamorous Marc Bolan/T. Rex to the cleaners night after night opening for him and realized that things were different in the US and that they henceforth had to be too.

And Nobody's Fools (the album) was awash with US musical influences, not just the song Nobody's Fool though the black background chicks of course say it all.

When I saw them first live in 1977/78, they were a well-honed US stadium opening act, geared to making a maximum impact within 45 minutes, a real force of nature, with Jim Lea climbing on PA stacks for a flashy bass solo already during the second or third song into their set. They played like they had no time to waste, even lightly frantic.

Of course, US radio play and, consequently, record sales never matched, so their ambitious plan to conquer America failed in the end.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:08:06 PM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 02:05:54 PM »
Platonic is my middle name

Never would I have doubted the purity of your motives, Chris! And your first name is really Selfles(s)lie. Selfles(s)lie Platonic, the cleansed one.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »
Phselfies, phselfies, phselfies

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »
Well, that coincides for a reason. It was after Slade in Flame (the album und film) and before Nobody's Fools (the album) that Slade decided that they had gone as far as they could in the UK and that they needed to crack America which hat eluded them up to then. And for America they decided to de-glam and leave their more outrageous outfits at home. They opened for dressed-down stadium acts like Humble Pie, heard how Uriah Heep had taken glamorous Marc Bolan/T. Rex to the cleaners night after night opening for him and realized that things were different in the US and that they henceforth had to be too.

And Nobody's Fools (the album) was awash with US musical influences, not just the song Nobody's Fool though the black background chicks of course say it all.

When I saw them first live in 1977/78, they were a well-honed US stadium opening act, geared to making a maximum impact within 45 minutes, a real force of nature, with Jim Lea climbing on PA stacks for a flashy bass solo already during the second or third song into their set. They played like they had no time to waste, even lightly frantic.

Of course, US radio play and, consequently, record sales never matched, so their ambitious plan to conquer America failed in the end.

Virtually no radio play on Seattle FM, which was at least "better" at that point in time. I do recall hearing "Do we still do it" a few times, "Nobody's Fools was just a chance discovery at the record shop.... 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...