Author Topic: Nikki's live sound..  (Read 668 times)

Blackbird

• View Profile
Nikki's live sound..
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »
...well, saw the Crue in Calgary Jan 26...missed Airbourne, made thru Joe Perry's set (what were the Crue thinking adding Perry - not the right fit, at least not the right order)..and then the Cru came on.  Pretty good round of the Crue, but Nikki's live sound/tone is hurting pretty bad....he used a variety of T-birds - not one was either of his signature models - and surprisingly not the one with 2012 on the pickguard, unless it's been refinned.  He himself said it was his best sounding one, and based on the two shows I saw from the carnival tour, I'd agree. 

Anyone else catch the last round of Crue?  Maybe they only played in Canada for the 'Dead of Winter' tour...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nikki's live sound..
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure that is a Canada only tour. I think Nikki is still a Basson endorser, but I don't know if that includes amps or only cabinets.

When they first hit the scene Nikki was using Acoustic amps and cabinets which were usually hidden behind black backdrops the band used on stage. After that he began using Risson amps and cabinets which were incredible. There was also a girl band in L.A. called Obsession and their bassist used a GK 800RB with Risson cabinets. Best sound I'd ever heard and I ended up talking Bob Rissi into selling me two cabinets. Those cabs under my GK were the best bass sound I heard in 10 years off and on trolling the Sunset Strip.