Author Topic: New (?) Aussie invention  (Read 3191 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
New (?) Aussie invention
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:59:16 AM »
Sometimes its just embarrassing to be an Australian  :rolleyes:

Have a look at this genius.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GUITAR-STAND-GUITAR-HANGER-100-ROCK-SOLID-GUARANTEED_W0QQitemZ190276604304QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Instrument_Accessories?hash=item190276604304&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Just loop the cord around the handle of your combo amp; Bob's your uncle.
100% secure hold ~ far greater than any guitar stand on the market.
Never leave home without it.  You will always have a safe place to rest your favorite machine.
Last forever, will not break, bend or get lost or stolen.
It's cheap, the cheapest and most secure.

Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: New (?) Aussie invention
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:35 AM »
A velcro strip and a piece of twine, that ought to run about 10 cents... I guess the remaining $4.85 is to pay him for writing that brilliant ad copy.  ;D

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:44:29 AM »
These might work better in some venues:

...despite the increased potential for marring and/or chafing

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:50:23 AM »
A velcro strip and a piece of twine, that ought to run about 10 cents... I guess the remaining $4.85 is to pay him for writing that brilliant ad copy.  ;D

Or he could make them free and use the cost just for packing & shipping

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
I saw a padded velcro guitar holder the other day that you can attach to the handles of your cabinet.
It looked a bit more engineered than that Australian do-it-yourself-design...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:04:16 AM by Basvarken »

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »
Years ago, I bought a guitar  holder that was a piece of plastic to hold the neck, with a plastic jack to plug in to the spare input on your amp. Seemed like a pretty good  and cheap idea, so I bought a few extra for my buddies. Every freakin' one of them snapped off leaving the 1/4 " plug stuck deep in the spare input. Every freakin' one  also required taking the amp apart to get it out >:(  So, I managed to piss off a half a dozen of my best friends ;). Your idea looks a lot better :)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »
These might work better in some venues:

...despite the increased potential for marring and/or chafing

This is more like it.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »
Mark?

Just a little personal wedding present, Chris, you did not expect Mark to be dowerless, did you? Don't be squeamish ... it only hurts a little initially and you won't need your hands much.

Uwe
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:06:44 AM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 10:36:34 AM »
Are these furry ones indeed handcuffs or to restrain other utensils?   ???

Speaking of everyone's favorite prison island in the South Pacific, now that I've seen this here (all nearly three hours of it)

I know all about you! You shoot cangaroos from trucks, drink bear at fancy functions from the bottle, kidnap aborigine kids with one white parent and call them "creamy", have no air defense to speak of and your cowboys soap and rinse in the outback in a way to make post-coming-out-George Michael vids look innocent!

Uwe

PS: Did Herr Jackman film Woverine and Australia at the same time? He certainly looked scruffy enough in the latter to do both walking from set to set and has meanwhile perfected his "Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western era"-look right down to the pinched eyes and the raised eyebrow! Not a disaster the movie (and almost over-earnest in its attempt to do PC-justice to aborigine culture), but not an Aussie "Gone with the Wind" either, probably not even a "The Thornbirds".
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:04:46 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

nofi

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
the guys name is worse than his product. ' woodyhardstaff '.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
That sure is a bad name!!

My brother moves from Kuala Lumpur to Austalia (near Melbourne) soon. And I want to see Wolf Creek for the second time before I go there. Great film.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
the guys name is worse than his product. ' woodyhardstaff '.

No doubt Mr. Hardstaff chose to keep the pseudonym adopted during his early fledging "film career" - which coincidentially marked his first encounter with Velcro.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »
This is more like it.

Trust me................Pain is your friend  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »
Are these furry ones indeed handcuffs or to restrain other utensils?   ???

Speaking of everyone's favorite prison island in the South Pacific, now that I've seen this here (all nearly three hours of it)

I know all about you! You shoot cangaroos from trucks, drink bear at fancy functions from the bottle, kidnap aborigine kids with one white parent and call them "creamy", have no air defense to speak of and your cowboys soap and rinse in the outback in a way to make post-coming-out-George Michael vids look innocent!

Uwe

PS: Did Herr Jackman film Woverine and Australia at the same time? He certainly looked scruffy enough in the latter to do both walking from set to set and has meanwhile perfected his "Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western era"-look right down to the pinched eyes and the raised eyebrow! Not a disaster the movie (and almost over-earnest in its attempt to do PC-justice to aborigine culture), but not an Aussie "Gone with the Wind" either, probably not even a "The Thornbirds".

Well, how could I not respond to such an eloquent post.

I haven't seen the movie (probably wont bother I guess). Mr Jackman = just another Mel Gibson-esque Aussie actor.  Now Bryan Brown, that guy can act!  8)

Things to consider when watching the movie:
1.Most Australians live on the coast in a completely urban environment and have never seen the outback.
2. The Australian coastline is  34,218 km. In a country of 22 million it is all but impossible to have any effective air defence across this area.
3. South Australians love to remind people that The state of South Australia has never been a penal colony.
4. A Ute is much the preferred vehicle than a truck to shoot Roos from but since John Howards prime ministership you would be hard pressed to locate a gun to shoot them with.

5. Roo tastes excellent, and since the longest fence in the world (the Dingo fence)  was built in the 1880's there is little or no natural predator for the Kangaroo.
6. Kangaroos breed like rabbits.
7.Cowboys in Australia are referred to as Stockman or Jackaroos. There are no Cowboys in Australia.
8.I'm not sure I see the problem with drinking beer at fancy functions but the fact that we are one of the bigger wine producing countries in the world also means that its quite acceptable (and common) for a bloke to have a big Aussie Shiraz at said function.
9. Aborigines in Australia.............    Very complicated issue with bad mistakes having, and still being made on both sides. I have a few aboriginal mates and grew up with 2 others in Katherine  in the Northern Territory.  Good and bad on both sides IMHO like most cultures. The worst people are the ones that try and simplify a very fragmented and as I said complicated situation.
10. Rent the 1955 Australian Movie Jedda

Digresion our specialty!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »

"Priscilla Queen of the Desert" is a little more my speed, well ok Mad Max is good too  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...