Author Topic: LOUD warning  (Read 2946 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: LOUD warning
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 06:14:39 PM »
Here's the latest -- they're delisting themselves from NASDAQ: Press release

I think this tune may be appropriate:

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 12:30:35 AM »
It was only a matter of time, I'm suprised it didn't happen sooner.
Tony

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 12:57:05 AM »

Crazy thing is..................
That address is about 2 miles from where I spent a good part of my later childhood and H.S. years -
Its a small world at times.   8)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 03:27:50 AM »
Fender bass amps never do quite well, SWR is, but it'r more high end. Ampeg seems like the missing link.

i agree with you Chris.

My solution is that an American company buys it and sees the financial benefits now available from the US/Australia free trade agreement and sets up the factory here in Technology park in Adelaide next to Raytheon and British Aerospace, Motorola etc. The South Aust govt has spent the last 20 years building Adelaide into a goto place for Tech and engineering companies.

Ampegs new owner gets cheaper labour than the US but (probably better) quality (no offence intended guys but lets face it their record aint that good) product. And Aussies get to pay normal prices without the extra expense of transport costs. (A few years back a SLM made  SVP-Pro that retailed in the US for US$500 retailed here for Aus$1500.

Alternatively Peter Perreaux in New Zealand could probably do 'em a deal  ;)

Digresion our specialty!