Author Topic: Wal Martians  (Read 4128 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Wal Martians
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
When we visited Jackie's homestate in 2003 we went out with 2 suitcases...

Visited the local Walmart...

Went home to the UK with five suitcases, and a lot of Hersheys... ;D

(Ok, we also went to Disney in FL and I raided the store at NASA on the coastline too...)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
the wal mart in suburban atlanta where i go is fairly 'normal' people wise. however, the one i went to in rural tennessee was :o.  could be a geograhic anomaly.

There are six ior eight semi-local Walmarts to Knoxville alone. Your observation is not innacurate, however, the characterization of "rural" is probably off. Walmart doesn't put stores in truly rural areas. It makes no logistical sense, so they often tend to locate in a town that is central to several rural counties. Since most of the rural people who work don't have time to hang out at a retail outlet all day, what you get is a bunch of lazy, thieving, disgusting bunch of trash who turn Walmart into their second home. The closest Walmart to me is about 5 miles away and I absolutely will NOT go to it at all between the hours of 11AM and 1 AM. I hate having to shop there at all, but when you work overnights and it's the only thing open, that's where you go.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
We lived in Mississippi for 6 years and the local Wal-Mart was the cheapest place to buy groceries in the area. I never saw any of the really crazy outfits on the people that are portrayed in the "people of Wal-Mart" emails & website, but you did see an extreme amount of people that truly did not care what they looked like when they went shopping. While half of the people were just your normal every day people, the other half were dirty and trashy and seemed to have little to no self respect. Once you reach a certain body weight, they don't make clothes that make you look "sexy"  :rolleyes: I went there once after midnight, I never did that again. Having hung out in bars forever with bands I've had quite a few encounters with really strange people. That is nothing compared to the freak show that was parading thru Wal-Mart that night. I've known a couple of people that worked over night stocking at that Wal-Mart. They said that things could get a bit creepy when some of the "swamp people" came in. Since moving back here I've rarely gone to a Wal-Mart. The one that is close by seems clean and normal, but I just prefer not to shop there. I can get the same prices elsewhere and I have other retailers that I prefer to do business with.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »
No love here either.  We have two that are close to us.  The one that is a little further from us is like the freakin' third world on payday!  This store is a total nightmare and we will not go into it for any reason - the crime rate just in the parking lot is truly unbelievable.  The store closest to us is much nicer but still it's nothing to write home about.  Kind of a strange ying/yang thing going on - affluent suburbanites mixing with the dirt poor trailer trash from a very rough area just down the road :o

Our Walmart runs are surgical in nature - well planned and executed.  We get what we can only get at Walmart, usually in a large quantity, and get out fast.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
No love here either.  We have two that are close to us.  The one that is a little further from us is like the freakin' third world on payday!  This store is a total nightmare and we will not go into it for any reason - the crime rate just in the parking lot is truly unbelievable.  ...

Well, that's a Houston tradition. Fifty years ago the grandparents of those criminals were robbing people in K-Mart parking lots.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:22 PM »
Well, that's a Houston tradition. Fifty years ago the grandparents of those criminals were robbing people in K-Mart parking lots.

:mrgreen:

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
Singer has nice booty.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
Singer has nice booty.

She has a quirky voice, but I thought it fit the number nicely.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."