Author Topic: Just for Kenny  (Read 2772 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Just for Kenny
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 11:36:55 AM »
We don't encourage hand feeding...

Seasons first babies turned up in our garden today... the mum's usually dump them here - loads of grub to steal...

We go to a local park where a partially blind old female squiz will run up peoples legs to get food...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »
Last week I was making a long walk through my neighbourhood. On the way back I saw a little hamster sitting on the sidewalk. First I thought it was dead, but then I saw it's eyes and whiskers moving. I picked it up and it just sat on my hand, lokking around. I could see he/she was very tired and maybe ill or so. I also noticed it wasn't a hamster, cos he had a very long tail whiche curled around my fingers. A tame mouse?

I walked 15 minutes to my house, my hand flat up in the air and the tame mouse looking around and feeling a bit better. Some little beasts were coming out of his little fur coat and I squeezed them for him. I was glad I rescued this little creature! Sometimes he was laying on his side and I could see he wasn't well...

At home I put him in a cat basket and I gave him some pieces of bread, water. I called the vet and they told me it was just a dying wild mouse...

I thought I rescued a little girl's tame mouse, but it was just a dying wild one:) After a while I let him loose in bushes around my house and I wished the little fellow good luck.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 04:32:58 AM »
My wife & myself raised a baby squirrel once. Cute & funny pet, we turned him loose, though.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:31 AM »

We go to a local park where a partially blind old female squiz will run up peoples legs to get food...

Sounds like a logical way to find nuts ;D
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 08:24:56 AM »
When we lived in Texas, we set out some corn cobs for the squirrels, figuring that we could watch them munch on them.

Instead, the little bandits grabbed the entire cobs and high-tailed it (literally) for the woods!

After that, we called them gangster squirrels (now gangsta squirrels).
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »
We've raised a few but none in recent years - had a couple of captive cripples, too

Sorted out plenty of critters and varmints over the years, even had a larger baby bird nicknamed Ugly Kid Crow by the nephew who found him, which eventually went to a centre for "flight" training...

The opposite end of the scale is the "pet cemetry" at the bottom of the garden...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:44 AM »
Ugly Kid Crow... Nice band name:D

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 11:39:16 AM »
I remember when I was on my walking route several years ago I saw a car coming with the girl texting and driving (before it was against the law in TX) and she ran over a squirrel without even noticing.  The squirrels friend came over to check out his dead friend and another driver (texting) ran over him!!  Really made me mad!  Both drivers were oblivious to what they'd done.

Saw something similar when I was in college. Two squirrels were playing and one got run over by a car. The surviving squirrel walked over put his front paws on the dead body of his friend and shook it, trying to wake it up. He did this several times before giving up. It gave me quite a bit to think about.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.