Author Topic: Bachbird fit in this case?  (Read 2296 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Bachbird fit in this case?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 03:54:12 PM »
God damn it, I already bought it. Great, now I'm going to have send it back or resell it. F*&k!!!

On another note: Whoa, yeah, that Explorer case is HUGE!!!

Just wait till you got it. Remember; mine fits!

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »
Yes, there is hope.

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:30 PM »
Yes, it fits!!! At first it looked like it wasn't going to but then I realized that once I pulled the styrofoam out I would be able to push the styrofoam closer to the edge a bit. If that makes sense? I ripped it all out, flipped it over and reshaped it a bit so it would now fit an NR bird. Basically, I did the same thing as you Rob. Now it fits perfectly. I've been looking for a case for over a year and every time I would find one it would happen to be when I had no money and they were always kind of expensive. The lowest I was finding was $89.99 but the shipping was always around $29.99. I got the deal of century on this one, it was $39.99 and the shipping was only $9.99. It said it was an open box item so I assumed it would be scuffed up a bit but it was brand new and still in the original shipping box. I'm so stoked I got such a great deal.

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
Very cool! Now I wonder why my case didn't work...
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
There are 2 different ones by Epiphone (that I know of). One's interior length is 48 inches long and the other is 51 inches long. I guess mine is referred to case #39. I'm assuming that is some sort of model number because every time I see one that is 51 inches the product details for it will say Epiphone Thunderbird case 39. But mine barely fits. I had to make it fit, not just shape wise but length wise. But obviously the 48 inch case won't fit no matter what you do to it.

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 06:44:07 PM »
I've got that same case as the one shown in post #2.  I keep my Greco reverse TB II in it.  Nice case, fits like a glove, and waaaay cheaper than a Gibson case.