Author Topic: Dear neighbor  (Read 2836 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Dear neighbor
« on: December 07, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
No idea if this is real, but I found it amusing.

Tale of a floodlight

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Dear neighbor
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
Lovely writing, but a neighbor-to-neighbor talk would have been a nice first step.

Somewhere in the process, I might personally have debated the merits of using a Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in the stock.  

I had a neighbor in Texas who was a nice buy, but he had two rat terriers in the back yard.  From the moment I stepped out the back door in my yard (separated by a fence) to the moment I went back in the house, they barked at me.  For about 10 years.  I spoke to him about it, and his response was "they're just protecting their territory."

More than once, I debated resuming my archery hobby, but it wasn't really the dogs' fault.  I also considered buying bark collars for both of them, but I was reluctant to spend a couple hundred dollars and also was fairly sure he wouldn't have used them if offered.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
And somehow it didn't occur to you to set up a rig and jam at high volume at the dogs/owner whenever they were in the yard to drive the point accross?   ... Fair enough, I considered the same thing (I am also into archery) with the family of racoons that live in the neighbor's rear addition/mud room (on their 4th generation now; it's gross). 

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
when i lived in apts. my crazy ass redneck neighbors were having a party. i pushed my amp up to the dividing wall between apartments. then i leaned my bass pickups facing the wall. after some fiddling i got a nice, continuous earth shaking feedback going. then i left. i came back about an hour later and the neighbors were quite and my rig was still humming along. maybe i found that secret 'put drunks to sleep' frequency.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
LOL.  The Australian guy was hilarious.  Whether true or just comedy, this was good. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »
And somehow it didn't occur to you to set up a rig and jam at high volume at the dogs/owner whenever they were in the yard to drive the point accross?   ... Fair enough, I considered the same thing (I am also into archery) with the family of racoons that live in the neighbor's rear addition/mud room (on their 4th generation now; it's gross). 

That was before I got back into music - no amp or bass - and it was in a neighborhood where I could have pi**ed off neighbors in a circle around his house.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »
I just realized this is the 27bslash6 guy. Same guy of the famous spider correspondence. Good for laughs. He has a vivid imagination, and it's possible that his neighbor put in a floodlight, but I'm guessing the correspondence is imaginary.