Author Topic: Incoming Hamer...Slammer  (Read 10971 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming Hamer...Slammer
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 07:05:59 PM »
Tasteful case. If you keep the bass, you'll have to do something about the Clownburst.

Yeah, add purple to far outside edges! :P

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 04:30:14 AM »
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Pah, color conservativism needs to be torn out by its roots:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 04:34:49 AM »
Nice score Carlo.  I was watching it too!  I was thinking Thunderbuckers.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 06:03:01 AM »

That's something I'm rarely accused of...

Nice score Carlo.  I was watching it too!  I was thinking Thunderbuckers.

I hesitated for all of 30 seconds when I saw it, Bill.  I REALLY wanted that case!  Especially considering HB cases go for stupid money!

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:56 AM »
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I remember seeing this, reading an post from before I joined up here. As much as I love sg shaped basses more than anything in this world, this must be the ugliest ever!

.. And what´s the story about the fretboard? Am I crosseyed, or does it miss one fret?

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 01:48:50 AM »
Didn't Herr Blades of my favorite AOR band Night Ranger always play these (and still does)?

Blades is now playing a near exact copy of his Most recent hollowbody Hamer Basses by a brand called Atomic.

They look like dead on copies but with the rare early "Dan Armstrong" headstocks that Hamer did for Rockpile and a few other limited one-offs.

Saw Nightranger on TV a week ago and researched it a bit. Cannot believe how much they look like his Hamers.

......and man, those guys sure jumped around a lot. But the drummer still looks like Will Ferell from that movie where he kept playing his step-brother's drums :)

Apparently Ferrell can actually play drumes....and looks like Chad Smith's twin brother. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWHyBOk2iQ&ebc=ANyPxKrKyGqBG2S7k4PXY_Qjnk1Fex6CY3iygilCo9EmL4Kr1yInGL32nZZU_fI0NCK3cJHkv3p7yJvkYrER7nNvIATCqeWV5A

(Ironic that Imjust post this as they announce Blue Oyster Cult is about to play live on TV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uBOtQOO70Y&ebc=ANyPxKqFSaFMfYSyfDABaqcTmxldKm5MY0rI7OvCYCxLz4mQKJm83Pl-PmIBj5bnwaDytzNFG8LtG01vNQO6l4SWNO4F0ZQGWA

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:28:16 AM by mc2NY »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 02:21:32 AM »
"But the drummer still looks like Will Ferell from that movie where he kept playing his step-brother's drums ..."

My thoughts exactly, but I always liked his lead voice which was more manly than Blades' pop sqeal (though he does it well). And he didn't look hair band at all, more like he played with Huey Lewis & The News lead, which I thought was different.

My soft spot for Night Ranger comes from seeing them at the advent of their nascent success in a Orlando rock club holding a few hundrerd people (it was sold out) when they were just about transitioning from college radio to regular radio, it was the time when Rick Springfield's Affair of the Heart and Human Touch were on permanent rotation and Don't Tell Me You Love Me started creeping in. They were young, exhuberant, the stage was too small for their act, they were cocky and at the same time still a little insecure, but their ebullience shone through. The two lead vocalists sounded great and Gillis' Floyd Rose machinations worked well with Watson's more classical and EvH-influnced approach. I thought they would be going somewhere. 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
I remember seeing this, reading an post from before I joined up here. As much as I love sg shaped basses more than anything in this world, this must be the ugliest ever!

.. And what´s the story about the fretboard? Am I crosseyed, or does it miss one fret?

The slothead EB-0/EB-0L/EB-3/EB-3L had 19 frets.

It was originally Heritage Cherry. Uwe deliberately refinned it this way. IIRC, Mark suggested the colors but he meant blue with an orange border. Now it looks like something to play while you're sipping a pumpkin spice latte.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
Now it looks like something to play while you're sipping a pumpkin spice latte.

;D

Was that the same bass that got shot up in a bar fight?  I remember one with a casing inlaid on the fretboard...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
Pah!!! My bass. My fin. My bullet hole!

"I remember seeing this, reading a post from before I joined up here. As much as I love sg shaped basses more than anything in this world, this must be the ugliest ever!"

Yet it didn't keep you away from our little family!!!  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:55:01 PM by uwe »

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 03:15:22 PM »
Uwe.....I've also got a bass with similar dot inlays, using real Colt 45 shell casing for all the dot markers. Factory original Hamer B12A made for.....Johnny Colt. (HaHa...get it...Johnny "Colt"....Colt 45 inlays....duh!....Much better that a joke using "Johnny" and making tiny toilet seat inlays, no? :)

I got it from John around 2000. He told me he also loaned it to Marcy Playground to use on the album with the "Sex and Candy" hit.

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/mc2NYNO/media/image.jpg1_zpsqelfzt3x.jpg.html
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:22:54 PM by mc2NY »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
That's it... I'm coming out...! I like Brad Gillis' guitar work and have a copy of him performing a Blizzard show with Oz (not the BS one)that is simply stunning, so there... and I have the first 3 Nightranger releases, and a Damn Yankees CD...

I feel so much better now... :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »
And about time too, Brother Ken! You decided to stop motorin' because your time was due, huh?

But it's alright, you can still rock in Scotland.  :mrgreen:

Did anybody notice how Night Ranger have a more sizeable female audience than ELP?  :o

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 06:02:35 PM »
Uwe.....I've also got a bass with similar dot inlays, using real Colt 45 shell casing for all the dot markers. Factory original Hamer B12A made for.....Johnny Colt. (HaHa...get it...Johnny "Colt"....Colt 45 inlays....duh!....Much better that a joke using "Johnny" and making tiny toilet seat inlays, no? :)

I got it from John around 2000. He told me he also loaned it to Marcy Playground to use on the album with the "Sex and Candy" hit.

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/mc2NYNO/media/image.jpg1_zpsqelfzt3x.jpg.html

You stole my idea!!!  Where can I serve the cease & desist writ?  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:08:19 PM by uwe »