Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Limited Edition 4003JPS - Jetglo Pearlstars

<< < (2/5) > >>

Paul Boyer:

--- Quote from: ilan on February 24, 2017, 02:59:09 PM ---Walnut body. Is it possible that they painted over less-than-perfect-grain SW's - like they did with some C64's?

Still, very nice.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the Jetglo Pearlstars are 4003SW instruments with the sparkly pearl gloss black finish over a filler/sealer coat. Mirrored pick guard and laser-etched truss rod cover and chrome metal knobs. Ten were produced for Sweetwater. I think you have to email or call for price. I'm sure it will be more than the usual price for an SW.

Jeff Scott:
I'd go for one if the fingerboard were also painted the same as the rest of the bass.

hieronymous:

--- Quote from: Jeff Scott on February 25, 2017, 02:21:34 PM ---I'd go for one if the fingerboard were also painted the same as the rest of the bass.

--- End quote ---
I was kind of thinking the same thing - this could use the Blackstar treatment!

the mojo hobo:
I was thinking aq black stain on the fingerboard to let a bit of grain show though, and then fret markers to match the pickguard. That or a rosewood freeboard.,

Dave W:
I don't think we'll see anything like a Blackstar reissue. These will sell fine as is, so long as the price is reasonable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version