Author Topic: STRING DEAL?  (Read 1176 times)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
STRING DEAL?
« on: December 25, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
Anyone bought from String This?  Pricing seems very good, free shipping on orders over $39 and if I'm reading this correctly an extra 20% off bass string Xmas special.  No Oasis though.  Rock Masters for 17.95, D'Addario chromes 24.95, Roto 66LD 19.95, all before discount.

http://www.stringthis.com/20offbastand.html
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 05:51:35 AM by dadagoboi »

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Re: STRING DEAL
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
Couldn't find any La Bella flats though.  :sad:
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
Couldn't find any La Bella flats though.  :sad:

Yeah, they only seem to sell LaBella guitar strings, also no Rotosound nickel.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 08:48:49 PM »
They have both Chromes and Rotosounds, though. Both good strings.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
Never heard of StringThis. Their regular prices look good on most brands they carry.

No one store has the best prices on every brand. I've always searched by the manufacturer's number (e.g. Ernie Ball 2834 is the number for nickel Super Slinkys) to find the best price on the strings I want. Free shipping is nice but in some cases you might wind up paying less even if you have to pay a little for shipping.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 05:50:42 AM »
Never heard of StringThis. Their regular prices look good on most brands they carry.

No one store has the best prices on every brand. I've always searched by the manufacturer's number (e.g. Ernie Ball 2834 is the number for nickel Super Slinkys) to find the best price on the strings I want. Free shipping is nice but in some cases you might wind up paying less even if you have to pay a little for shipping.

First time they've showed up in a string search I've done.  Pricewise the bottom line including discount, shipping and possible tax is the only number that counts, the individual breakdown isn't important.

The 20% discount didn't show up on my Paypal  receipt.  I'll be on the phone Monday AM to make sure I get it though it's still a good price for the strings I ordered.  I'll ask about La Bella flats.

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
Re: STRING DEAL?
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
back fom snowy vermont to snowy ct????  hope all had a great christmas.  I had a boys only ski trip with my 11 year old.  had a good time but aching everywhere....  imperial guitars still seem to have the best deal on labella .. they are in newburgh....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »
Got my strings today,  shipped Tuesday from North Carolina.  The StringThis customer service number is shared with Strings and Beyond, also in NC.  My Paypal receipt wasn't showing the 20% discount.  I called and left my number and they emailed me and did a follow up call.  Their system has a problem with discounts through Paypal.  I got the discount and my total was $48 for a set of Chromes and 2 sets of Rock Masters delivered.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
All's well that ends well. Too bad the website doesn't warn you in advance about the problem with their system if you use Paypal.

Strings and Beyond has been around for at least five years, I've heard their reputation is good. If it's not the same outfit with a different name, it still must be related if they're sharing the same number.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 05:02:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure they're the same outfit trying to get the digital equivalent of more 'shelf space.'