Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Music Man St. Vincent Bass

<< < (3/7) > >>

Chris P.:
You are right, Rob. Still, because the strap button is more to the right instead around the 12th fret, a shorter scale makes sense. I always think the Tbird is the most desired-but-sold-again-cos-I-couldn't-get-used-to-it bass because of the different way it needs to be played :)

I don't think she will play it. Maybe one for her studio. She hopes Pino (who's on her last record) will play it. It's just her design as a bass.

Dave W:
I stopped by a Guitar Center today, they had two of the guitars in stock -- one a USA Musicman, the other a Sterling by MM. I had no idea the body was that small.

uwe:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on October 29, 2017, 08:31:00 AM ---I love medium scale and I think it's best of both worlds, rather than fish nor flesh. But that's a matter of taste. And you are right: most people want a 34" and a Fender design. I guess they want to make a cool bass and they can't expect it to be a big seller. I can't imagien, 32"or 34".

If you see the design and you think bass my first worry was the balance. That must be the or a reason.

--- End quote ---

Nonsense. 32" already robs you of a taut and dominant E string sound, yet doesn't compensate with an especially bendable and full-sounding D and G. Worst of both worlds. A strings are ok irrespective of scale, different, but all ok.

"If you see the design and you think bass my first worry was the balance. That must be the or a reason."

Girlie hands.

Alanko:

--- Quote from: uwe on November 02, 2017, 01:26:43 PM ---Nonsense. 32" already robs you of a taut and dominant E string sound, yet doesn't compensate with an especially bendable and full-sounding D and G. Worst of both worlds. A strings are ok irrespective of scale, different, but all ok.
--- End quote ---

Come on man, its not the '70s any more. Strings are built to all sorts of different specs now, and you can get a balanced set for a 32'' instrument.

Chris P.:
32" is perfect. Cos as you know anything between 33 and 45 is wrong, Uwe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version