Author Topic: 2011 Movies  (Read 5265 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Movies
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 06:19:32 AM »
Christoph Waltz was the villain, right? Was he doing his "charming until he snaps" thing again that will now follow him forever after his Inglorious Basterds success? His role in Water for the Elephants as the driven circus director was similar.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 04:34:34 PM »
Pirates was pretty good but very geared up to the next two films...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
I saw Captain America tonight at a midnight showing with some friends. Really fun movie with a lot of laughs and a lot of action. The after the credits scene is more a of a trailer for The Avengers next year and so far it looks like it is going to be awesome as well.

Next week Cowboys and Aliens.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 04:59:11 AM »
As idiotic as the "plot" was, Transformers: Pink Floyd Made Us Change the Name was purely viscerally, eye-poppingly, awesome. The first 3D movie I've ever seen that was a movie in 3D and not a series of gimmick shots during plot lulls. By far, the best of the three. The "twists" were no surprise, and they were actually fanboy friendly.

I swear Micheal Bay must have been channelling his inner nerd as well as his typical pubescent action pervert; the opening 'movie' scene is the typical female introduction ala Bay: a barely covered ass which had uncomfortably (for me in a theater with kids anyway) small underwear on top of it. No joke, calling the female lead "Labia Majora" would not have been the least bit of a stretch. Her panties were so skimpy that the back bulge of her vulva was plainly, visibly, defined. In IMAX, it was actually sort of creepy. I don't care how hot some chick is, I'd like to see some part of her face before I'm facing her primary sex characteristic in 3D from less than a foot behind, but then they are actually fairly subtle nods to Trekkies, the Trans-fans he has previously snottily eschewed, and an attempt at plot.  

... so what you get is a movie that starts with awesome historical (mainly NASA) footage re-rendered in 3D with some pretty seamlessly interspersed 'behind-the scenes' plot shots, some really hot chick's cooter, and giant alien robots doing what you'd figure giant alien robots would do on Earth: whatever they want. Leonard Nimoy actually manages to work two of his past famous characters into his role! The 3D was superb and the robot renderings are a generation past the prior movies. If you want a summer popcorn flick, turn off your brain and view Micheal Bay's magnum opus.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:10:17 PM by Psycho Bass Guy »

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 05:26:18 AM »
OK Iron Sky looks totally like my kind of movie. Thanks for that.
Digresion our specialty!

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »
has anybody seen this?  I found it very entertaining.

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 08:04:24 AM »
Whatch out guys, we're moving in to B movies area here. I'm curious about Iron sky too, they've been working on it for 3 years now.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 09:49:40 AM »
I really like a good B movie.  That's where most of Stallone and other action star movies fell - and they're fun.

Heck, Bruce Lee spend most of his career trying to move UP to B movies, and Chuck Norris made a living off them.

I always enjoy Lone Wolf McQuade!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 01:34:14 PM »
When it comes to b movies I quite like Time Cop...

Harry Potter came to a conclusion for us this week - the daughter is distraut... "What next...?" ;D
3d worked quite well but Jackie felt it was just there foir the sake of it - can't really argue that...
Now I'll wait until the double set brings both parts together and watch it as it should be viewed...

Also, the most pointless boxed set of all time came out over here for the movie's release... the first six movies + movie seven part one... wtf's the point...?
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
Also, the most pointless boxed set of all time came out over here for the movie's release... the first six movies + movie seven part one... wtf's the point...?

Other than $$$, there isn't one.  It should come with a coupon good for the 7th movie and room in the box for that disc.  Wait six months (which I will, if not longer) for the full set...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »
Roshina will be 18 this year and grew up with the books (whenever they came out we'd have a family reading session and as she grew more adept at reading she had to take her turn, always reading aloud - I always thought Hagrid should have had a Scottish accent ;)) and the films so we always bought them as they came out but I waited with the last DVD and probably will wait a little further now...

Has anyone seen the Millenuim Trilogy films (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) as I'm curious to get the 3 movie package when it turns up - they were knocking out the books at a cheapie outlet so bought them for Jackie (who is a voracious reader) - about $10 for the three...

JimB52

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
Saw Cowboys and Aliens tonight.
Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde did a good job, and the action sequences were OK, but the film was about 15 minutes too long and Harrison Ford's character arc should have been better written.