Author Topic: 787 prototype's wings being tested  (Read 2265 times)

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
Re: 787 prototype's wings being tested
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »
Wings, and other critical structures, are tested to failure. That wing looks damn strong!!
Fleet Guitars

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »
Just as a short post script re Boeing Field's flight path this morning as I was coming into work what should fly over but a B-17.........it was magnificent!

(show-off)

Most unusual thing I saw at Heathrow was a flypast by the B747 carrying the "Enterprise" to the Paris Air Show way back when...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »

(show-off)

Most unusual thing I saw at Heathrow was a flypast by the B747 carrying the "Enterprise" to the Paris Air Show way back when...

I caught sight of the new 747-8 on the ground at the north end of the field this past Sunday, they've been flight testing it between here and Moses Lake, Wa.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
Nice...

I did 10 months of my apprenticeship on 747's - all series 100 and some 200's

a typical day at Heathrow...

Oh look, an A319, and another, and another, and another... ah... a 380 (an ugly bus if there ever was one), a 747, a 340, a triple 7... now there's a novelty, a 737...

I missed Travolta's QANTAS 707 last year (or so) - a special fondness for them - the 6 months before the 747's was 7-Oh-Majors, right next to the Concorde pens... smallest jets I worked on were Ethiopian Airways 720's

A quote from a Boeing inspector looking at a ropey Dan (Dare you to fly it) Air 707 - I was waiting for some parts to be past back from the pilot seat when this grey haired late 50's head appeared from the electronics bay access (between the jump-seat and the captains seat) and said... "Jeez, only Boeing would place an electronics bay right under a toilet..." which is where the forward toilets were - a nice place to work on a hot summers day... he was wearing green overalls and failed to appreciate my comment about being stuck down there since they built her... (the apprentices wore green)
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
The strangest thing I have seen is a military fighter jet flying alongside a single engine Cessna before hitting the throttle and turning around.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »
Closest I've got to that...

and a weird "what if...?"