Author Topic: Getting even with your ex in Germany!(+what a Bar Association has to do with it)  (Read 1848 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
right before they get wisked off towork for either the Yanks or the Russians.  ;)
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
I'm a member, but I'm innocent!

That is a thing Germans always tend to say in the aftermath.  :mrgreen:

You weren't even following orders.....  :P
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Somewhat like East-enders saying "Weren't me Guv...!"
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
That'll sucking teach them... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
Look, middle aged German women can be downright frightenning..... take it from 16 y/o me who, while travelling alone, had the misfortune of piquing the interest of the 6'+ blonde Bavarian security person in Munich airport. 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Ah, wimmin! They will quarrel about any crap.

I found this more moving, they have taken his beloved Panther away!

http://www.thelocal.de/galleries/news/second-world-war-weapons-haul-recovered-from-cellar/3

And not only did the klutzes damage his Panther but also his house/villa in the process! What kind of country do I live in that you can no longer own a little Panzerkampfwagen V at the side?

Seriously, he has owned that tank since the seventies, salvaged it from a Brit scrapyard, it is no longer armed, it stayed in a special garage in his cellar most of the time, he drove around with it once in a particular heavy winter in the mid-seventies when he used the Panther to pull out some truck stuck in a snow drift ... and now the prosecutors are going hypher as if they had found some secret arsenal.  :o
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:41:21 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
You know, it is totally not illegal to own a tank in the US (as long as not armed), and I think hwere in Canada too, not sure becaise it's not something I need to know.  I learned that from a youtube video - 10 things you thought were illegal but aren't - so it's got to be true.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
It used to be legal in Germany if it was sans working gun, but the laws changed a few years ago that you also need to remove the armor which he didn't do (had not heard of), hence all the excitement. The little Panther seems to be in pretty good shape.

Anyway, this is a historic piece by now and I doubt that 70 year old tanks play a large role in today's terrorist threat scenarios.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...