Author Topic: On the road with The Nasty Habits  (Read 8083 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: On the road with The Nasty Habits
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 05:06:07 PM »
Being a "S*d B*st*rd" vegetarian, I think I'll pass... and at enormous risk, I'll paraphrase that garlic quote... "a moment in the mouth, and a lifetime on the hips..." ?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »
Mmmmmm, that bacon maple bar needs garlic.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
[discrete gagging sounds from this corner...]
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »
The bacon maple bars might go well with Bacon Jam.

And enjoyed with a shot or two of Bakon Vodka.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »

..........Bacon Mayonaise
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »
Bacon Bacon?
Digresion our specialty!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
The heck with all-a-y'all.  ;)

I'm heading home to get some nice slices of that 5 pounds of brisket I smoked yesterday.  We ate all the salmon I smoked while I was finishing the brisket.

No bacon needed.   8)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »
There was a billboard on the A4 (main road from Heathrow to central London) in the Earls Court area sponsored by the Meat Marketing Board showing sizziling bacon rashers in a frying pan and a big neon sign with numbers counting down declaring the "... Number Of Vegetarians In Britain..."

Reputedly one of the toughest "flavours" to give up...

Over 20 years since I've had a "bacon-buttie" - that's a "sandwich", usually served with HP sauce, to those not up-to-speed in "UK-speak"  ;D

I once had a form returned because I put "Vegetarian" down as my religion...  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

My family came from Island fishing communities, Pilgrim, and one of my uncles used to regularly bring home very fresh wild salmon... 20 years since that, too, and I can be precise on dates of going fully veggie as it's now my 20th wedding anniversary, here...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
My veggie daughter has fake bacon around here (morning star brand?). It tastes ok, but it's no replacement for the real thing! Since she's been a vegetarian (3 yrs on the 30th) we've adjusted our eating habits so that we can still have family meals. One thing I doubt that I would ever give up is steak. I can't get enough of good steak. YMMV tho.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 09:31:08 PM »
Ken, Baconnaise and Bacon Salt (from the same company) are vegetarian and the company does ship internationally. Just letting you know.  8)

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »
 And of course for those of us that have travelled in bands we often have to room with our bandmates...............The Nasty Habits is no exception and I'm certainly no angel!
 Here's our guitarist and my best friend Rachael post-show, eating pork off of a knife.

Mmmmm................. those are fake boobies!

No foul

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:38 AM »

Always fun when a bit of bootleg video shows up on Youtube, this is from Saturday night, please excuse the poor sound quality - esp the bass, it's just from the camera's mic and sounds very thin and overly clanky.
Anyway here we are having some fun with "Boys of Summer", the crowd is having a pretty good time of it  ;)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »
Eclectic cover choice!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
Ken, Baconnaise and Bacon Salt (from the same company) are vegetarian and the company does ship internationally. Just letting you know.  8)

And just incidentally, the inventors and proud purveyors of Bacon Salt and those other tasty condiments are WSU Cougars. 

The only amazing thing is that they didn't start a micro-brewery, too.  That would have covered two of the Cougs' primary food groups...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 01:11:04 PM »
Dave and Pilgrim... ta but I'll pass...  :sad: I'll go for the bevvy though...  ;)

Nice cover, Mark...  ;D