Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Change of plans

(1/2) > >>

Pilgrim:
Some time ago I picked up an Aria Diamond bass as a project.  The Diamond is a predecessor of the Univox Hi-Flyer, made in the late 60's.  Problem was, the Diamond was a body and neck with a bridge and pickguard, and it needed a complete refin and electronics.  It was the one I planned to refin in Gibson Gold Top.  I already have the paint from Reranch, and a pair of Hi-Flyer pickups from Eastwood that are a perfect fit....but no time.

BUT - last night I found the same bass on Ebay, in sunburst, complete and even sporting the bridge cover (which I like).  Now it's mine, and I'm going to re-sell the project Diamond.  I'll put up info later today, and also list on Ebay...but if someone here wants to make a decent offer, I'll sell it here. For YOU GUYS, if you like, I'll throw in the Gold Top refin paint from Reranch.com at no extra charge.

I'm just not getting around to some of the projects I have, so the Aria goes, my Kay K-2B will go, and a Lyle SG-style bass will go.

Here's the new toy - NOT requiring assembly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180406845447&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And - oh yeah - WSU 30, SMU 27 in overtime!!   Go, COUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave W:
Seems like a good price on that Aria.

Sorry to say, beating SMU isn't what I'd call a major accomplishment.

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: Dave W on September 20, 2009, 08:07:43 AM ---Seems like a good price on that Aria.

Sorry to say, beating SMU isn't what I'd call a major accomplishment.

--- End quote ---

You speak truth - both ways.

BUT - when my team went 2-10 last year, beating only Portland State (1-AA) and the lowly warshington dawgs (leaving them gloriously 0-12), and when we lost your first two games to Stanford and Hawaii, and hearing the SMU game billed as the best chance remaining for a win this season, this W became something to celebrate!  (I'll take it where I can get it.)

At this point, the Cougs didn't need a major accomplishment - they needed a W.  And they got it with two of their starting defensive line out, playing a 3-man front with 5 linebackers, and racking up only 276 yards to SMU's 504 yards of offense.  Four turnovers to the Cougs helped - two of them run back for touchdowns in the last quarter.

Last year, we had no defense.  They went out for a beer and missed the bus to the game.  This year, there are signs that a defense might actually stroll onto the field!

Highlander:
Mosrite in style...? yes...?

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: Kenny Five-O on September 20, 2009, 01:21:29 PM ---Mosrite in style...? yes...?

--- End quote ---

EXACTLY!!!  Well, the Aria Diamond was the predecessor of the Univox Hi-Flyer, and both were copies of the Mosrites.

I have two other basses up at auction, but haven't gotten the Aria up yet...so I just added it to the classifieds here.  Check it out!

Here's a Lyle: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130332405316&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Here's a Kay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130332410151

I see the Lyle already has a bid - that's a good sign.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version