Author Topic: Intonation report on Epi NR Tbird.  (Read 774 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Intonation report on Epi NR Tbird.
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:45:40 PM »
Well, I successfully stringed up and intonated the Epi NR Tbird a buddy brought me from NYC last month. Took a little time because I've never done it before but it was a) fun, b) interesting, c) successful! I appreciate all the help you guys offered on intonation. It was perfect!

That said, I put Le Bella flats on her and she sounds GREAT! She has a really nice, deep, rich sound but still has a little bit of grit. I'm really happy with the way she sounds but I were surprised though because it looked like someone like the one owner before me) had used her as an axe. >:(  The edges of the body are really beat: I mean down to the bare wood. Some of the frets are worn, but oddly, the back and front of the body are nice and the neck/headstock are pretty sweet. Weird.

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Intonation report on Epi NR Tbird.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
Good for you. It does take some time to fiddle around with intonation, especially the first time, but it's really not that complicated. Now that you've done it, chances are you'll do it yourself from now on. And the bass sounding good is a bonus.