Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Warwick Idolmaker

<< < (6/8) > >>

Dave W:

--- Quote from: uwe on January 29, 2018, 03:53:35 PM ---
"Idolmaker" sounds like something Dean would come up with.  :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

Good observation! My sources tell me that Warwick will have its own version of the Dean Girls. Here's a sneak preview.

uwe:
They are a thrifty company - more likely it will end up with Chris P in drag or something.  :-\

Chris P.:

--- Quote from: uwe on January 30, 2018, 06:22:17 AM ---They are a thrifty company - more likely it will end up with Chris P in drag or something.  :-\

--- End quote ---

You never know.... :D I just applied for the Bund Deutscher Mädel.

Of course I do some jobs for Warwick as a company, helping out at the Bass Camp. That means I met the most famous players, which is nice for my magazine. The bass camp teachers are also non-Warwick players. This means I got guys and gals like Ellefson, Trujillo, Bobby Vega, Lee Sklar, Billy Sheehan, Rhonda Smith, Nik West, Yolanda Charles, Gary Willis, Victor Wooten, Abe Laboriel Sr, Guy Pratt, Chuck Rainey, Neil Murray, Juan Alderete, Felix Pastorius and Scott Reeder (just to name a few, and also guitar players like Phil X and Devin Townsend) all on speed dial. Very grateful for that. I do not like all Warwick basses, but I do like some!

Having said that: I know Rob hates the drooping rabbit ears tuners, but IMHO it's one of the most recognizable headstock on stages, alog with Rickenbacker, maybe Höfner, G&L.  You would say Fender and Gibson too, but anything with a Fender headstock could be anything....

gearHed289:
File this under "WHY?"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warwick-Streamer-1994-6-String-Electric-Bass-Modified/253395967276?hash=item3aff939d2c:g:WlYAAOSw6lRab4PX

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on January 30, 2018, 09:26:46 AM ---...

Having said that: I know Rob hates the drooping rabbit ears tuners, but IMHO it's one of the most recognizable headstock on stages, alog with Rickenbacker, maybe Höfner, G&L.  You would say Fender and Gibson too, but anything with a Fender headstock could be anything....

--- End quote ---

True. Easy to tell a Warwick apart from other "woody" basses.

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on January 30, 2018, 10:28:08 AM ---File this under "WHY?"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warwick-Streamer-1994-6-String-Electric-Bass-Modified/253395967276?hash=item3aff939d2c:g:WlYAAOSw6lRab4PX

--- End quote ---

Ugh! The original horn may have been too phallic for the owner, but why ruin the functionality? Now it's ugly and unbalanced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version