Author Topic: Classic songs by legendary bands performed by the "wrong" line up of that band.  (Read 549 times)

Blazer

I guess all classic bands have gone through line up changes in their career and several of their songs have become eternaly linked with a particullar line up or a particullar member of that band. And it seems rather unsettling and strange to see another person perform it.

Such was the case with Fleetwood Mac in 1987. After the release of their hugely succesful album "Tango in the night" Guitarist/ Lead vocalist Lindsey Buckingham departed and the Band started the "Tango" tour by drafting in Rick Vito and Billy Burnette (Yes, he's the son of...) With Vito and Burnette in the folds, a lot of pre-Buckingham material re-appeared in the set list including Peter Green's master piece.

"Oh well"
It's so strange to see Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks performing this song, not to mention Burnette's American accent with which he sings this song. But it's still cool though.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Journey, with new singer Arnel Pineda, are just great.  He brings an enthusiasm to the band that they really needed.  I think I remember hearing that they found this kid on YouTube.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile

Tommy DeCarlo in place of the late Brad Delp (original Boston vocalist) comes to mind.

From Fan to lead singer of Boston via Myspace. An almost bizarre story really. But the man can really sing!

Digresion our specialty!