Author Topic: If someone sees John Fertig aka Barkless Dog here, then catch him, wash him ...  (Read 5105 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

Ze RD has been ordered per your instructions Herr Moderator!

Gibson has shipped them as of yet, appox. date is 11/1/2011
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
I hope you get it earlier for that gig!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Gawd I'm sorry I was away on a long business trip. I dont own a Blackberry, Iphone or laptop so I am almost off the grid, personally. My partner has a laptop to check our work Email.

I'm back hope its not too late.

Sorry.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
And I thought someone with a Kahler and a Gizmo on his bass would be saturated with the toys of the modern world, domo arigato, Mr Roboto ...

Now I feel guilty! But I'll need your services sooner or later again, John, as Gibson seems to be on a release spree this year. When Scott mentioned earlier this year that Gibson would bring out a Junior, a new LP, a short scale TBird, a Flying V and an Explorer all within a year I thought quietly to myself, "you wish, brother". Now all these have come out or are imminent and we have the RD to boot. At this rate we'll have Victory and 20/20 reissues next year. A Victory with an SD Bass Lines split coil and a JB pup at the bridge - yeah, I can see that causing some turmoil here. ! - )

It occurred to me today that the last rally duff new bass model that Gibson brought out was actually a while back - the ill-fated and -designed SG-Z. And that was 15 years ago. Anything released after that might not have been a strong seller, but there wasn't a bad bass among them if you subscribe to the Gibson bass characteristics.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:06:41 AM by uwe »

Barklessdog

• View Profile
And I thought someone with a Kahler and a Gizmo on his bass would be saturated with the toys of the modern world, domo arigato, Mr Roboto ...

I would love to but money is not permitting that. I am the only one who goes to meeting with a pad & pen. Everyone uses tablets now.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
I've heard a lot about these tablets but I'm not sure they'll really catch on...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
They have, they do and they will.

PhilT

• View Profile
I'm fine so long as I keep taking mine (the tablets, that is).

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
I've heard a lot about these tablets but I'm not sure they'll really catch on...

The Ten Commandments were a reasonable success I'd say even if collective adherence to their statements hasn't always been great.

This is a special version though, given the late actor's fiery (pun intended) engagement in a certain interest group, I'm sure one Commandment must read "Thou shalt not control guns."

Highlander

• View Profile
I had the great privelege of seeing him on the London stage as Captain Queeg - the court-martial scene, with Ben Cross as the prosecutor and to get their autographs on a hand bill... simply stunning portrayal...

Big theatre regret is missing James Stewart in Harvey...

I'd still like to see Patrick Stewart but the prices to see him are prohibitive - when he starred with David Tennant (as Hamlet) you just could not get tickets...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Should've been the Two Commandments

PhilT

• View Profile
I had the great privelege of seeing him on the London stage as Captain Queeg - the court-martial scene, with Ben Cross as the prosecutor and to get their autographs on a hand bill... simply stunning portrayal...

Big theatre regret is missing James Stewart in Harvey...

I'd still like to see Patrick Stewart but the prices to see him are prohibitive - when he starred with David Tennant (as Hamlet) you just could not get tickets...

We saw Patrick Stewart a few weeks ago at the RSC in Stratford playing Shylock. It was odd to see him with hair. The production was his idea, set in Las Vegas, with Portia's suitors taking part in a TV game show and Gobbo as an Elvis impersonator. The shakespeare purists hate it, but I thought it really worked well. With the new thrust stage, he was 2 feet away from us during the pound of flesh scene.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
At this rate we'll have Victory and 20/20 reissues next year.

It could be that the Mayans are right, 2012 might be the end of the world as we know it!  :o
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Highlander

• View Profile
We saw Patrick Stewart a few weeks ago at the RSC in Stratford playing Shylock. It was odd to see him with hair. The production was his idea, set in Las Vegas, with Portia's suitors taking part in a TV game show and Gobbo as an Elvis impersonator. The shakespeare purists hate it, but I thought it really worked well. With the new thrust stage, he was 2 feet away from us during the pound of flesh scene.

Supremly envious, Phil... lucky bugga... ;)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Gibson has been on quite a spree! One still holds out hope for a limited run NR Thunderbird. I talked with a Gibson rep a few weeks ago and he did say he had seen prototypes but to be honest the cat was so young and a guitar player I don't know if he knows the difference between reverse and Non reverse.

Now I feel guilty! But I'll need your services sooner or later again, John, as Gibson seems to be on a release spree this year. When Scott mentioned earlier this year that Gibson would bring out a Junior, a new LP, a short scale TBird, a Flying V and an Explorer all within a year I thought quietly to myself, "you wish, brother". Now all these have come out or are imminent and we have the RD to boot. At this rate we'll have Victory and 20/20 reissues next year. A Victory with an SD Bass Lines split coil and a JB pup at the bridge - yeah, I can see that causing some turmoil here. ! - )

It occurred to me today that the last rally duff new bass model that Gibson brought out was actually a while back - the ill-fated and -designed SG-Z. And that was 15 years ago. Anything released after that might not have been a strong seller, but there wasn't a bad bass among them if you subscribe to the Gibson bass characteristics.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird