Author Topic: Gene still has at least one Ripper and it sounds good!  (Read 5700 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gene still has at least one Ripper and it sounds good!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »
went out to the US with 2 suitcases and came back with 5...!

That's what I have to do every time I go to the UK! I have a favorite CD shop in Bolton, Lancs that I end up blowing my whole trip budget on every time I go over! It's been far too long now, too (2003). I need to figure out how to get back over for a week.  ;D

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 02:53:58 AM »
I thought Gene looks relaxed yet concentrated on those clips, he has never been much of a smiler except when he does his devilish grin. My shop has already put away my Sonic Boom copy, even one of those in Germany illegal copies where the SS is written in that you-know-what style.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 03:58:12 AM »
But I suppose all you fans will buy it anyway and the rest of us won't see the appeal anyway.

truer words have never been spoken!   :mrgreen:

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 04:25:47 AM »
(mostly due to an over-indulgence in Hershey's products...  :o)

As a non-world-traveler for the most part, I am always amused at what people who visit the US choose to drag home with them. What is it with the damn chocolate anyhow? ;D
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »
I'd like to see them live again without make-up. That has kind of overstayed its welcome since the reunion. It's ok to bring it out once in a while, but I really would like to see a stripped Kiss live, no confetti bombs, platform risers, smoke bombs, fake wall of amps, fire breathing etc. Just them and their instruments over a nicely loud pa system. And with a real Gene Simmons bass solo I'm sure he has in him.

Yup. I was kind of hoping that they would come out sans makeup on the new album. Oh well. I said my goodbye on the first leg of the "farewell" tour. Last KISS record I bought was Alive III from the Revenge tour, which was the last time they went out as a straight up hard rock band.

Dig that nasrty Gene bass tone!  :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 10:51:47 AM »
The wonder of a Hershey brown choc bar? It tastes of history. It's actually a poorly made chocolate, sandy and all, but to me it always raises memories I don't really have. WW II, C.A.R.E. packages ... Lifesavers Wild Cherry is another item like that to me. And crackerjacks.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

barend

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
Some of the "instrumentals" on that album frankly sound like Ace ran out of time for finishing a few backing tracks with lyrics and vocals. But weren't all his solo albums like that right down from the first one?  :mrgreen:

I really love the first Ace solo album. It was the best solo album from the four. Great songs and great playing. I still play it from time to time and each time I am amazed how good it sounds.
Although Paul's album has some great songs too. Gene's album has some great bass playing but not from the man himself.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »
It was Jeans and Tee's for me Billy... there was once a time when I could put on a fresh Tee every day and never wear the same one more than once in a year... of course, I usually fell over once I got past 20 or so...

Roshina has 2 big Hershey bars and some Hershey's syrup in her parcels for tomorrow (oops, today)

Believe it or not, George, I have yet to find "biscuit's and raisins" in a shop "on my travels" yet... hope it's not a discontinued...  :o

The last Kiss I bought was "The Elder", and the only CD I have ever got around to buying is the original "ALIVE"... - there used to be a place called "the Record & Tape Exchange" in London that I used to haunt, blowing a sizeable chunk of my wages, shortly after payday... every junkie's like a spinning disc... or is that a "plug" hole...?

When I have the spares, which is v-rare these days, I do my searching on the 'bay... managed to get some nice obscure Steve Smith Vital Info and Kim Mitchell stuff (sad but true, love both artistes) on my last foray...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »
The wonder of a Hershey brown choc bar? It tastes of history. It's actually a poorly made chocolate, sandy and all......

What, Chocolate was invented in America!! ;D  True it was central America but it did originate here ;D  Maybe it's just what you become acustomed to but I prefer a fresh Hershey's bar to any other chocolate I've ever really had and, since my wife is a chocholic, we've had some of the better stuff that you can find, all kinds of Swiss stuff, Godiva, etc but I still prefer the cheap stuff :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:16:52 PM by Lightyear »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
I love Hershey's chocolate, but I love Snickers more.

Snickers is one of the four major food groups. I'll bet you didn't know that.  ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
I have always considered beer and pizza to be individual food groups.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
Then bacon should be another one - at the very least gravy should be included ;D

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »
WHAT, no gravy?

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
Don't do the bacon thing on me again, please, not that, and I don't care if it is suitable for veggies...  ;D

I certainly don't lack for the "5-a-day" in the veg dept...   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

(whoah... this one's strayed...  ;))
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
Snickers, bacon, Cool Whip and Pez. The four major food groups. Although I'm not sure Cool Whip has any actual food content.