Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

A replacement pickup for an Ibanez Roadster RS-900

<< < (2/5) > >>

the mojo hobo:
I do like Barts, I have one in my Bachbird. I would go with the neck version though:

http://www.bartolini.net/product/bb4cbc-b/

Psycho Bass Guy:
They're hard to find, but cheap when you do: later Ibanez Musician pickups that look like stacked side-by side Jazz Bass pickups. Yours has one of the earlier versions. Later ones sound completely different. Out of curiosity, why did you bypass the preamp? On my Musician, the tone is the same in active or passive until you tweak the EQ, but active is good for when I need more push. It's probably the least "active" sounding bass preamp I've ever heard.

Pekka:
There was some slight "problem" with the bass knob. I recall it didn't increase the bass but more like scooped the sound and dropped the volume a bit too. Also I prefer my basses passive so there was this convenience factor not having to worry about the battery.

Are the controls bass and treble? The latter is surely a treble boost/cut but not sure about the other knob.

Can you link a pic of the later Musician pickup?

Psycho Bass Guy:
I don't even know where to begin looking for one. I bought one years ago off eBay in a parts lot. The pickup came still in the  original shrink-wrapped blisterboard. It was just a nice bonus.

lowend1:
Looks like a T-bird pickup would fit - Thunderbucker, perhaps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version