Author Topic: LeCompte - WOW!  (Read 964 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
LeCompte - WOW!
« on: April 13, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
I'm in Atlanta this week for training.  I got a recommendation to check out the Atlanta Bass Gallery.  Their website showed a Manne Glenn Hughes signature, so I made my way over.  The Manne is nice and light, but a little too aggressive for my tastes.  As I was looking over his selection (including a Ritter with American flags all over it), I spotted a LeCompte with a pair of Dark Stars.  I plugged it into an Ampeg SVT, and OMIGOD, what a great sounding bass.  Thick and well-defined.  I wish I had the cash for it (it's going really cheap at $1500), because the balance and sound are just about perfect.  This was the first time I've tried one of these, and I'm pretty impressed.

www.atlantabassgallery.com
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: LeCompte - WOW!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:30 PM »
I've seen his basses online before, not in person. Not my style but he sure does nice work.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
They're a bit on the booteek side for me but his stuff seems to be very well done.  He lives and works on the north side of Houston - has a shop behind his house.

jazzbo58

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
I have a LeCompte SST-5. This bass is well built & beautiful. Bud is very easy to work with.

Cheers,
Jim