Author Topic: Peavey to auction off 12 million dollars worth of inventory  (Read 932 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:15:59 AM by Grog »
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Peavey to auction off 12 million dollars worth of inventory
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »
I hope the buyers will put all this stuff to better use than Peavey did.

No wonder Peavey has been in a tailspin and wound up shutting down most of its US manufacturing. If you can't even keep track of what you have, you can't hope to stay competitive. That's sad, because Hartley Peavey was a pioneer of efficient MI manufacturing back in the day.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »
Wow, that's a LOT of stuff.  Also since it's grouped, buyers will need to have resale capability.

Impressive accumulation of stuff!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:48:09 AM »
I grew up around several people who liked Peavey.  And the last amp I bought was a Peavey.  It actually does more than enough for what I need it for.  But several years ago on that show Undercover Boss they had a segment on Peavey.  It showed a worker who liked working there, but had found a better paying job somewhere else.  Peavey talked him out of leaving.  He obviously was a valuable employee.  Then not long after that that part of their operation moved overseas.  He was understandably enraged.  I normally don't watch a show like that but around people who wanted to see it.  It really made Peavey look bad, needless to say.  Despite that I don't plan on getting rid of my amp and if I saw another Peavey I liked in the future I'd buy it. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:53:54 AM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 11:54:32 AM »
My take on this is that they may have been hedging their bet on shutting down US manufacture and finally decided to cut bait. Since they presumably own the facilities where this stuff comes from, they weren't paying rent on storage or disrupting other operations with it so it was probably just kind of held onto. The excess inventory and returns can pile up quickly but the language in the article reads between the lines as 'we wanted to see how things went.'

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 12:46:53 PM »
About 45 years ago, the only amp that I could afford at the time that would handle my '67 EB-2 was a Peavey. They produced affordable, reliable products for working musicians in the USA. It was sad to see them go offshore with much of their manufacturing, but they were one of the last to do so.

I just added this to my "Land of Misfit Toys". The price was right & I was oddly drawn to it...…. It will likely be my last Peavey.

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 04:45:46 PM »
I had never seen this amp before.
Thanks form posting.
I also noticed photos of a lot of tooling as well.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 07:18:19 PM »
There is what could be a Budda guitar amp in the photos- I bet that's nice.
Louder bass!.