Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

More changes

<< < (2/6) > >>

D.M.N.:
Skunk stripe as well as dark headstock wings, looks a lot like my Greco PMB-800. And like the Greco, I like that they're going to a single truss rod! The only change thus far I've disliked is discontinuing the lacquer on the fretboard. It looks alright on the 4003s model, but on the 4003 it makes the inlays and wood really pop.

ilan:
Unlacquered board, standard single rod, easily adjustable bridge, non-lifting tailpiece, what's next on the road to normalcy? Volume knobs on top and tones on the bottom? Sacrilege!

The skunk stripe will be a nice touch on the 4003SW.

morrow:
And John Hall started all these changes with the walnut headstock wings and full width inlays .

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: ilan on January 06, 2022, 06:25:15 PM ---Unlacquered board, standard single rod, easily adjustable bridge, non-lifting tailpiece, what's next on the road to normalcy? Volume knobs on top and tones on the bottom? Sacrilege!

The skunk stripe will be a nice touch on the 4003SW.

--- End quote ---

I haven't liked those newer walnut Rics at all. I thought a black pickguard would help, but having seen a few, I still didn't like it. Now with the skunk stripe, I think this looks pretty good. It helps that they used some really nice walnut.

Now about that whole mute assembly...  :-X

ilan:
Brown is boring but some walnuts weigh 8lbs., a whole pound less than the average maple-winged Ric bass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version