Author Topic: Chromium, I have a question regarding you pickguard.  (Read 1221 times)

Johnbob

• View Profile
Chromium, I have a question regarding you pickguard.
« on: May 25, 2010, 03:15:04 PM »
Chromium,
Hey, not sure if you remember but a while ago I asked you where you got your pickguard made and you told me that you got it at Terrapin. Well, I just got an email from Terrapin saying that he no longer will make that pickguard. Damn. My question for you is, did you use Rob's template to get that made or a different one? I have Rob's template and I have a friend of a friend that has a cnc machine and claims can make me one for cheap. I would ask Godofthunder (Scott, I think) but I want one that is Black/white/Black. Thanks.

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Chromium, I have a question regarding you pickguard.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Yeah that was Rob's template that I used.  That's too bad - John@Terrapin made nice work of my 'guard, and the engraving is spot on.

If your friend with the CNC can do the engraving, you could always use that approach that Rob used for in-filling the etched pattern with black (enamel?) paint.  There was a post about it with photos.  The end result looked great.

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Yes, I saw that post and that's what I was thinking of doing I just hope that my friend's friend with the CNC machine can pull it off. Thanks for the reply.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »
It was plain acrylic paint. Easy to wipe off the excess.

If people are interested I could have another batch of these pickguards made.