Author Topic: Bass strings online is closing.  (Read 4673 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Bass strings online is closing.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
I've bought a fair amount from Juststrings and some from Basstrings online, but the best prives I've found on short scale Labellas are from Imperial Guitar online.  http://www.imperialguitar.com/

I've been thinking I might try some of the new Labella low tension flats, too.

I've just put a (BEAD) set of Low Tension Flats on my EB-0L a couple of days ago. The first set of flatwounds ever that I can live with, having been a rounds-only player all my life. No idea how they would feel on a short scale bass, though.

I tried a set of those, really didn't like the tone. As they say, YMMV. Stringsandbeyond carries them in short and medium scale.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 02:02:34 AM »
I've just put a (BEAD) set of Low Tension Flats on my EB-0L a couple of days ago. The first set of flatwounds ever that I can live with, having been a rounds-only player all my life. No idea how they would feel on a short scale bass, though.
I have a set on my short scale Bulgarian-made Orfeus Hebros. I like the tone and feel.

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 10:39:05 PM »
Jason is back as Fret Nation with bass and guitar strings. So far only Ernie Ball and DR but "We are in the process of adding all items from all of the manufacturers we work with."

The Technical Resources link at the bottom of the home page has links to his old info on winding lengths by manufacturer. That's the best resource of its kind that I've seen.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 03:37:52 PM »
Thanks Dave!