Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

How do I record my NR?

(1/2) > >>

drbassman:
Several folks have asked for a clip of my NR rehab bass.  I've never tried, so can somone tell m ehow I record my bass via computer and put it into a clip other folks can listen to?  Thanks!

doombass:
I've wondered also. I have never recorded straight into my computer. I suppose you can use the recording input of the sound card but my guess is you will need something like a DI Box or mixer between the bass and input since it is probably made for low level signals. The bass straight in will probably distort badly.

Basvarken:
I always use my mini-disk multitrack desk as an interface.

On my iMac I use Garageband to record it with.

Barklessdog:
You need a recording program like Apple Garage band, Pro Tools or Cube base. Then you need a USB interface with 1/4 jacks etc.

Like this or something similar. I record direct.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FastTrackUSB/

PhilT:

--- Quote from: drbassman on January 15, 2008, 08:29:21 AM ---Several folks have asked for a clip of my NR rehab bass.  I've never tried, so can somone tell m ehow I record my bass via computer and put it into a clip other folks can listen to?  Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I'm guessing you may not want to spend money on this, at least at first. In which case you just need some sort of amplifier. If you practice using headphones, whatever you would plug the headphones into, take that output to the line-in/mic input on the computer. Then you need recording software, such as Audacity (which is free). Save the track as an mp3. Assuming it's a PC, you may have to set the recording levels using the Windows mixer, or it may just work. Also, set the amplifier volume high enough to give a strong sound, but not so high that it distorts.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Of course, if you get serious then the Fast Track box is a neat solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version