Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Thunderbird Pickguards

(1/6) > >>

TBird1958:

Soo.....

I recently changed my white '89 'Bird over to all CHROME hardware (yes, in defiance to you Uwe!)
Its pretty much back together and to give it a new look I'm wanting a new pickgaurd for it.
So I'd enjoy everyone's thoughts, links to sellers, websites whatever.
Thanks guys.

rockinrayduke:
A clear pg with the Bird logo on it..........mmmmmm. ;D Or black.

drbassman:
Hey, how about a picture? I have a white TB that I've been thinking about changing over too, although the tuxedo look is a nice change from my other chromed birds.

I bought the pickguard for my 2003 TB projetct off eBay.  I think I paid about $35 or so.  A good deal for a Gibson product!  WD makes nice guards but no logos.

Bass VI:
 Speaking of pickguards....does anyone have a line on the 'bird logo ( transfer? hotstamp? ) there was talk a few Pits ago (sorry), and then more talk of copywright issues.
 I've got a nice blank guard ( correct thickness from jeannie pickguards ) but no bird for my pelham blue Orville. I have a pretty nice late model guard which won't fit any of my Orvi, if anyone needs a replacement ( Dave & Uwe feel free to remove this to a gear for trade/sale section if needed )
 Mark, you could always put a black ( plastic  ;D ) guard on, for Uwes' sake, it would look pretty cool on white/chrome. A chrome applique' bird would be nice. Or I can see the clear with a chrome bird........hmmmmm.

S.

TBird1958:

I'll have some in-process shots to post in a day or so, I was thinking to at least try to get a black Gibson one like those on the Zebrabird's. I'd also thought of trying (with John's permission) to mask off and airbrush one of his original bird designs that he had posted on DPv? .......So I'm still lookin'  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version