Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

60s NR TB restoration

(1/10) > >>

drbassman:
Since Tony asked and maybe one or two of you haven't seen it, here's the finished NR.  Scott helped with the pickguard and we're making a correct tailpiece for it, so it will look even better in a few weeks!  This is the bass that I had to create an entirely new headstock for.  The previous owner misplaced the original!   :D

More photos at: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/drbassman/60s%20NR%20TB/

Barklessdog:
I really like the color on this, but the butterscotch maple one is just so much cooler to me.

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Barklessdog on January 12, 2008, 10:16:45 AM ---I really like the color on this, but the butterscotch maple one is just so much cooler to me.

--- End quote ---

The vintage cream from ReRanch is a bit too yellow IMHO, but it's the best there is out there for a faded white look.  I'd prefer it toned down a bit, but it still looks pretty good on a true vintage bass.  I don't have the patience or skill yet to mix my own paint.  Maybe someday I'll go down that road, but I really prefer woodworking to painting anyway!

The see-through butterscotch is a cool color for sure!  Love the way it shows off the grain.  One day I'll use the regular blonde on a bass, I love that whiter wook as well.

rockinrayduke:
Very nice Dr.

Dave W:
I don't think I've seen it in nearly-completed form. Very nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version