Author Topic: Vintage Guitar 2012 Price Guide  (Read 924 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Vintage Guitar 2012 Price Guide
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »
About a week ago, I bought the new VG Price Guide, I was looking through the Gibson bass section & noticed the photo of the EB-1 had my basement wall in the background. They had chopped it out of a photo I submitted to the VG Readers Gallery a number of years back. Out of curiosity, I checked last year, & the picture of my EB-0 was chopped out of the same photo for that issue. Here's the photo.

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Guitar 2012 Price Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
So nice of them to acknowledge you.  :rolleyes:

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »
I only sent my first name with the photo, so they really had no one to credit it to anyway.
I re-submitted another picture after I bought the EB-4L.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:19:04 PM by Grog »

JazzBassTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
About a week ago, I bought the new VG Price Guide, I was looking through the Gibson bass section & noticed the photo of the EB-1 had my basement wall in the background. They had chopped it out of a photo I submitted to the VG Readers Gallery a number of years back. Out of curiosity, I checked last year, & the picture of my EB-0 was chopped out of the same photo for that issue. Here's the photo.

Haha, on page 312 of the 2011 VG Price Guide there's a pic of my 1965 Candy Apple Red Jazz Bass that I had on eBay (didn't sell.) They lifted it without asking my permission. I had the same experience, hey, that's my basement wall!

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
I bought a Gibson Amp book, "Gibson Amplifiers 1933-2008, 75 Years of the Gold Tone".  On page 94 is a picture of my LP-12 amp, submitted by the previous owner. I contacted him to let him know, he said the least they could have done is spelled his name correctly! It's really a small world when it comes to vintage guitars and the people who collect them.