Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

CME Limited Edition WAL/CB basses on preorder

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jeff Scott:
Is that one hers?

Alanko:
A nice nod to their heritage, but I'm not sure I would keep the gold guard on there.  ;D

I've said this before I'm sure, but I feel that the top horn is too thin. Rickenbacker have gone past '60s specs and really thinned that top horn down. This is especially apparent if you compare it to the elephant trunks they were putting on basses in the '80s.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Jeff Scott on January 21, 2018, 12:45:20 PM ---Is that one hers?

--- End quote ---

I don't believe for a minute that she actually owned the 4000 she posted about. She had one or two old black & white small jpegs of her playing it, but if she had owned it we'd have seen current pics at the time.

She was banned from the Pit for claiming a pic of someone else's bass was hers.

Jeff Scott:

--- Quote from: Dave W on January 21, 2018, 04:10:05 PM ---She was banned from the Pit for claiming a pic of someone else's bass was hers.

--- End quote ---
I never knew that.  Sort of the same as Carol Kaye laying claim to playing on stuff she didn't, eh?

I have those b&w photos, plus two color photos, from what appears to be different time periods, of her with the bass; until proven otherwise, I'll assume she had the bass for a while, anyway, whether borrowed or otherwise.  I don't think these were PhotoChopped®.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Jeff Scott on January 21, 2018, 04:56:21 PM ---I never knew that.  Sort of the same as Carol Kaye laying claim to playing on stuff she didn't, eh?

I have those b&w photos, plus two color photos, from what appears to be different time periods, of her with the bass; until proven otherwise, I'll assume she had the bass for a while, anyway, whether borrowed or otherwise.  I don't think these were PhotoChopped®.

--- End quote ---

No, they weren't photoshopped, she at least had it in her possession and played it on stage at least once.

I just looked her up, she's on Facebook, now living in Missouri. Her profile pic is the same b&w one she was using 15 years ago, and there are for old b&w pics of her with basses, the two with the Ric and two with a Fender. Who knows how far back they go. Those pics looked old 15 years ago. What bothered me is that she either claimed or at least suggested that she owned it at the time she posted those pics.

She got caught in a discussion in the Pit chat where someone (maybe Kevin Borden) had posted a pic of one of his basses, taken in his own back yard, and she swore it was hers. It wasn't her first exaggeration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version