Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Dead Hiwatt (edit - now live again - YIPPEE...!)

<< < (3/3)

lowend1:
Ah, an "S" - my buddy had one of those and I begged him not to sell it because it was different than the others he had - he didn't listen. That has a "Balance" control on it or something, right? Three inputs (no jokes Mark!), with one being for the switch?

Highlander:
That's the one, Al, the switch is an integral part of the system; without it she will only run at 50 watts; with the switch she runs at 50 or 100 watts... check the other thread if you want to see the front and guts...

Mark Huss' explanation of the nameplate is just Dave Reeve's foibles... ("What shall we call this one...?")

btw, the story I got with mine (I'm the 3rd owner and have been since around '78) was that she originally belonged to a guitarist in "Savoy Brown"; now, Kim Simmonds played/plays Marshall's, and a certain "Lonesome Dave" was an endorsee, at that time, but no proof (never found any live pics from that era when Peverett/Stephens/Earl supported Simmonds) and don't really feel that it would really make a difference to me anyway, but it is a nice story...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version